Author Topic: Best of the New Zill Mangos (Truly Tropical)  (Read 21814 times)

j-grow

• Merritt Island
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the New Zill Mangos (Truly Tropical)
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
That's a bummer ....... I'm heading back down there Wednesday to get 30 more trees ...... not sure what I will end up with ...... obviously I can only buy what they have available.

After these 30 go in the ground I won't be planting any more mango until after the barns go up ( July/august completion ) ....... wonder if I should buy trees now for later and just keep them in pots until I'm ready? ........ sounds like it will be even slimmer picking if I wait

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »
That's a bummer ....... I'm heading back down there Wednesday to get 30 more trees ...... not sure what I will end up with ...... obviously I can only buy what they have available.

After these 30 go in the ground I won't be planting any more mango until after the barns go up ( July/august completion ) ....... wonder if I should buy trees now for later and just keep them in pots until I'm ready? ........ sounds like it will be even slimmer picking if I wait

Probably. These people in Arizona and Texas are going nuts.

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2018, 03:51:43 PM »

If you want them this year get them while you can

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »
Going to top work my Providence which is having major problems with PM.  Saw on recent Truly Tropical video that her Pineapple Pleasure had a bad case of it also.

I have noticed the pale yellow blooms as a group show more resistance than the more pink types.

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the New Zill Mangos
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2018, 09:46:48 AM »
Based on a sampling of 3 Buttercream mangos that I bought last week, I like it a lot. I would say it has a classic mango flavor, so not unique or spectacular, but pretty good. Also large. I like Guava mango a lot too, because it has a different flavor profile than other varieties. Also remember liking Taralay a lot, but it's been a couple years since I have been able to try one.

In comparison to some other cultivars that I tried for the first time this year, it was easy to eat Buttercream at a stage that tasted good. (I tried Sugarloaf too soon (the flesh was nearly white though kinda soft), Orange Sherbet too late (it was still pretty good).

One other note about Buttercream. The ones I bought had plenty of fungus on the skin, but it did not affect the quality/taste.  (see below)

So how do the guava buttercream and Tara lay taste or compare?

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2019, 10:46:59 PM »
any new info on buttercream, orange sherbert, peach cobbler, et cetera?

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 05:57:31 AM »
It’s now November 2019 and 3 weeks ago I was able to buy 11 seven gallon Lemon Zest trees from Zill so they are again selling Lemon Zest trees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk