Author Topic: ~Thread- Rollinia Seedlings  (Read 1217 times)

FMfruitforest

• Tropical Fruit
    • USA, FL,zone 10a
    • View Profile
~Thread- Rollinia Seedlings
« on: July 02, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »
Wanted to start a thread for Seedling Rollinias from Fruitscapes. They told me the seeds were collected in Indonesia.

Not much other info but I was told the person wgo tried the fruit gave each a name they’ve kept.

“Icecream Rollinia”

“Jungle Rollinia”

I will post more pics as they grow.

FMfruitforest

• Tropical Fruit
    • USA, FL,zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: ~Thread- Rollinia Seedlings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
243 days of growth, winter knocked the leaves and put the trees dormant, recent warm ups have caused some new growth.  Planted along side my home they received significant shade during peak winter but will be in full sun come Summer.

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 03:02:03 PM »
Just now seeing this thread, great idea btw.

I purchased some seeds of “pineapple” variety from annona breeding project and only one germinated for me while rest rotted, mostly my fault as I have since learned a better way at germinating them. What sold me on this is the interesting shape and also the texture of the flesh looks firmer and creamier rather than “mucosa” 👌

Really hoping my one plant survives to the point where I can graft it onto the other unknown seedlings I have, this “pineapple” fruit looks so delicious I can’t wait to try it.

Joe

MangoCountry

• Southeast Florida 10a/b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 09:29:34 AM »
I have a “Vanilla” rollinia seedling from them that I purchased over the summer. Deleafed, heavily pruned, and starting to flush out. Grows fairly slowly compared to another rollinia I have planted not too far away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk