Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172839 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
the Wild Jaboticaba from Oberá is here, along with black small pitanga and black cerella!

Deep sweet taste, very good. Many fruits has a drop shape, thin skin.

ucf.nikolas

• enjoy life :)
    • Broward, 10b
    • View Profile
Happy to say that Marcos was truly a pleasure to do business with.

A REAL professional who knows his stuff and is willing to go the extra mile to help out!
My seeds came on time and even an extra seed or two!

Fantastic experience and would order again FOR SURE!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Happy to say that Marcos was truly a pleasure to do business with.

A REAL professional who knows his stuff and is willing to go the extra mile to help out!
My seeds came on time and even an extra seed or two!

Fantastic experience and would order again FOR SURE!

Very kind of you, I hope you can grow them ok

For Annonas:
Sand the seed and soak it for 2 days before sowing; You could also do a treatment with ghibellic acid to wake her up - maybe this is for the best.

GOOD NEWS! a very rare species is traveling to my garden (Nov 2), Chalchal or "Cocu", Allophylus edulis, I will be eating them, doing a video review and cleaning the seeds for sell.

It is a species of the genus Allophylus, which belongs to the Sapindaceae family. It is endemic to Guyana, Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay. It grows in strata even more than 1600 meters above sea level. It is a small tree or shrub, dioecious, 4 to 7 m high (exceptionally 15 m), with a reddish-brown trunk and scaly bark. It has persistent to semi-persistent, light green foliage. Compound, trifoliate, alternate leaves, glabrous, dentate leaflets, short pedicel, even sessile. Flowers small, whitish, 2 mm in diameter, in racemes; the masculine ones with the filaments of hairy stamens; the female ones with trifid stigma. It blooms in August and September (austral spring). Globose drupe fruit 7 to 11 mm in diameter, yellow and red ripe. Ripe unevenly on the bunch, fruit of various colors can be seen at the same time. Fruits from September to November.  Its habitat is river and mountain. Its fruit is edible and is used to counteract intoxications - especially liver - using leaves and thin twigs. It is also used as an ornamental in cities. It can also be used to prepare tereré and refresh yourself.

5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   50 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds   120 seeds
USD 14            24               46               92            110                170              210             220

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Ultra rare Eugenia moraviana coming soon! You can pre order them now.

Taste is sweet, mildly aromatic, similar to a blueberry.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

/ / / / / /

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I will have chalchal, ubajay, and maybe big Eugenia uniflora and more Eugenia involucrata

Cheers

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Chalchal is here!

SAPINDACEAE

Its fruit is very sweet and the leaves and thin twigs are also used to counteract liver detoxification, also as a refresher and for tereré. It is cultivated in some places as an ornamental.
It is a dioecious tree that reaches a height of between 4 and 7 meters, although sometimes it reaches 15 meters. It is native to Argentina, Brazil, Guyana, Bolivia, Uruguay, and Paraguay. It grows at Buenos Aires too, in the riverside forests up to Punta Lara.
Reddish-brown trunk, scaly bark.
Compound, trifoliate, alternate leaves, glabrous, toothed leaflets, with short pedicels and sometimes even sessile.
The flowers are small, whitish, about 2 mm in diameter in clusters; the male flowers with the filaments of the hairy stamens; female flowers have trifid stigma. It blooms in August and September.
The fruit is a globose croup between 7 and 11 mm in diameter, yellow in color, turning red when ripe. Ripening is in clusters and uneven, notorious because the different fruits are seen with different colors. It bears fruit from September to November.

I sell fresh seeds in vermiculite and can do bulk shippings, cheers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
Chalchal is here!

SAPINDACEAE

Its fruit is very sweet and the leaves and thin twigs are also used to counteract liver detoxification, also as a refresher and for tereré. It is cultivated in some places as an ornamental.
It is a dioecious tree that reaches a height of between 4 and 7 meters, although sometimes it reaches 15 meters. It is native to Argentina, Brazil, Guyana, Bolivia, Uruguay, and Paraguay. It grows at Buenos Aires too, in the riverside forests up to Punta Lara.
Reddish-brown trunk, scaly bark.
Compound, trifoliate, alternate leaves, glabrous, toothed leaflets, with short pedicels and sometimes even sessile.
The flowers are small, whitish, about 2 mm in diameter in clusters; the male flowers with the filaments of the hairy stamens; female flowers have trifid stigma. It blooms in August and September.
The fruit is a globose croup between 7 and 11 mm in diameter, yellow in color, turning red when ripe. Ripening is in clusters and uneven, notorious because the different fruits are seen with different colors. It bears fruit from September to November.

I sell fresh seeds in vermiculite and can do bulk shippings, cheers

I have one Chalchal small tree growing outside, so it's cold hardy too.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Thanks Luis for your report!

New stock coming!

Orange guabiroba, Oberá, aprox 500 seeds
Oberá black E. involucrata, 100 seeds
Ubajay, 125 seeds, Eugenia myrcianthes
Wild jaboticaba, Oberá, black, 600 seeds

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile

My seeds arrived yesterday! Over half of the Jaboticaba Campo Ramon are starting to germinate and the dry seeds look great. Thanks for the extras too. Looking forward to doing another order from you in the future. Thanks Marcos

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

My seeds arrived yesterday! Over half of the Jaboticaba Campo Ramon are starting to germinate and the dry seeds look great. Thanks for the extras too. Looking forward to doing another order from you in the future. Thanks Marcos

Hi, David, so cool! we had some luck, that was a long trip!

Eugenia moraviana is coming!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I can do bulk order on Black Eugenia uniflora (normal size, not big), if someone is interested, I can get them from Oberá

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile

Hi, David, so cool! we had some luck, that was a long trip!

Eugenia moraviana is coming!

I was checking the tracking it actually arrived in the USA really quick then took some time in customs and USPS was really slow after that might be due to ballots getting priority. Thanks for the professional packing.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, by monday 9 I should have:

Orange guabiroba, Oberá, aprox 500 seeds (fresh fruit, to clean)
Oberá black E. involucrata, 100 seeds
Ubajay, 125 seeds, Eugenia myrcianthes
Wild jaboticaba, Oberá, black, 600 seeds (fresh fruit, to clean)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Achiote (New)   Bixa orellana
Big Orange Guabiroba, Garupá  (New)   Campomanesia xanthocarpa
Ubajay from Oberá (New)   Eugenia myrcianthes
Cocu, chalchal, from Oberá (NEW), nov 2   Allophylus edulis
Wild jaboticaba Oberá (stock 650), drop shape   Plinia sp.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
And many more Plinia rivularis seeds will travel to my house! now from Oberá

Black Guaporetí, Eldorado, new stock: 3000 (16 nov)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
We will have a few seeds of this unknown myrtaceae in a week or so. Maybe Calyptranthes or Myrcia, beautiful plant, sweet fruits form the Misiones forest.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
New stock, fresh Guaporetí fruits/seeds, from Campo Viera, Misiones, big old tree! perfectly ripe sweet fruits!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
My advice is to take advantage of some fresh Ubajay seeds that I have now!: very good fruit if it is harvested well ripe, acid skin but sweet pulp with a very refreshing complex flavor.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
EMS fast shipping packages are doing well, last ones took 8 days to Thailand! amazing.

22 days to Portugal

5 to 25 days to USA

15 days to Austria

I will send many packages by thuesday

Puiwiparat9

• Granada Hills ca
    • View Profile
Amazing fresh seeds right now!

These are from the Wild Jaboticaba, Oberá:

perfect cleaning job nice looking seeds! They should have a high germination rate.

dsweet43

• Port Richey, FL
    • View Profile
Received a bunch of great quality seeds from Marcos yesterday.

He made it such a smooth transaction, much appreciation.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Good news: our black Eugenia uniflora tested 21.5º Brix fully ripe.

Most of the fruits in this photo are unripe, but fully ripe fruits are 100% black. I just pick them early because I dont want to loose the seeds.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Received a bunch of great quality seeds from Marcos yesterday.

He made it such a smooth transaction, much appreciation.

Thanks for reporting, just 10 days, very good! I hope you can grow them fine! Cheers