Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Mystery Vietnamese Cherimoya or Atemoya?

(1/1)

akanonui:
I know this is a long shot, but can anyone identify this mystery Annona? This was bought from a Vietnamese grocery store last year here in Michigan. This is the dried peel and seed. When it was fresh it was modestly sized, they were each a little less than a pound, the outer skin was covered in brown fuzzy hair and ripened to a dark olive green brown color. The flesh was yellow when fresh and dried to this orange color. I planted the seeds last year and they looked like cherimoya seedlings, but they all died when we lost power last winter unfortunately. I am mad at myself for not posting it when I had it fresh, and taking a picture of it when it was fresh and when the plants were alive but this is what I have to work with now unfortunately. I got back into Annonaceae and am wanting to see if I can find out what variety of Cherimoya or Atemoya the fruits might have been so I can relocate the plant and grow it again.

Garden_Harley_FL:
That is Annona cherimola (Cherimoya).

aka_no_nui193:
Have you ever seen a fuzzy Cherimoya variety before tho? Idk where they get their fruit from but it almost looks like McPherson variety but I’ve never seen them fuzzy before.

spaugh:
i have one variety that has fuzzy skin its called "vietnamese"

some people said its dr white but it looks different to me. 

aka_no_nui193:
Haha well that would be fitting then since I got it from a Vietnamese grocery store huh. I’m still so mad at myself for dropping the ball because it was the best cherimoya that I’ve had yet, none of the weird soapy aftertaste.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version