Author Topic: AUSTRALIAN FINGER LIME SEEDS and other native citrus seeds.  (Read 13318 times)

whitechinesegoose

• Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
AUSTRALIAN FINGER LIME SEEDS and other native citrus seeds.
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:15:30 AM »
Our Fingers are now in fruit and we will have seed available in January.. 5 Types.

We also have other rare citrus seed such as Blood Limes, Sunrise Limes, Calamanci Seeds, Gympie Lime seeds  and SYDNEY CROSS  LIME.   etc
All our seeds are fresh this season.. Reply   jkdyson@bigpond.net.au

Web www.limesatwongawallan.com.au...

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: AUSTRALIAN FINGER LIME SEEDS and other native citrus seeds.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:54:26 AM »

Unfortunately, you only seem to supply rainforest pearl in way of finger limes, which is the worst CV available in Australia.

whitechinesegoose

• Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 03:03:51 AM »
Starling 1... You don't know what you are talking about.  You have NEVER been to our farm... You would not know what we have growing  or anything about our fruit.
You make statements that are not true without any facts to back them up. We have been growing fruit for many many years and have many types of Fingers.
I invite you to make the statements public and give your name and address as we have.
John Dyson... www,limesatwongawallan.com.au

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 04:28:15 PM »
Starling 1... You don't know what you are talking about.  You have NEVER been to our farm... You would not know what we have growing  or anything about our fruit.
You make statements that are not true without any facts to back them up. We have been growing fruit for many many years and have many types of Fingers.
I invite you to make the statements public and give your name and address as we have.
John Dyson... www,limesatwongawallan.com.au

I will politely decline your offer on the basis that to do so would be insane.

Why don't you list the varieties you have growing instead?

whitechinesegoose

• Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 03:06:17 AM »
Starling 1.. You don't really know much about fingers and hide behind a name and will not engage in open discussion.

There is only one Variety of finger Limes. One common name and one botanical name.
But there are hundreds of types of finger limes.  Most have been developed by people grafting such as Rain forest Pearl that has PBRs on it and is only legally available from one Nursery in Qld.

In the wild there are many types and a lot of our trees are from seed and cutting of wild trees. We even have a wild tree on our farm. 

So don't take the forum to state what you don't know about us and what we grow.  I am happy to discuss out types of limes if you wish to e mail  me.  John

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 04:48:25 AM »
Starling 1.. You don't really know much about fingers and hide behind a name and will not engage in open discussion.

There is only one Variety of finger Limes. One common name and one botanical name.
But there are hundreds of types of finger limes.  Most have been developed by people grafting such as Rain forest Pearl that has PBRs on it and is only legally available from one Nursery in Qld.

In the wild there are many types and a lot of our trees are from seed and cutting of wild trees. We even have a wild tree on our farm. 

So don't take the forum to state what you don't know about us and what we grow.  I am happy to discuss out types of limes if you wish to e mail  me.  John

So essentially, you're refusing to answer my question. I'll ask you again: What CV's are you growing? I'll tell you what I'm growing, you'll like this:

purple bliss
crimson tide
sunshine yellow
alstonville
wauchope
Red champagne
rick's red
Byron sunrise
Mia Rose
Lismore Pink.

What's the problem?Why do you persist in refusing to answer the simple question as to which types of fingers you are growing? If your product was good, it would  speak for itself-- you wouldn't need to play a game of hide and seek. I suspect you're only growing poor quality CV's, and have come on this site looking to dupe people out of their money, having first counted on their ignorance as to which types are actually worth growing from seed and which aren't, by selling seeds of sub-par varieties.

You can buy good quality seed from this ebay store, they ship internationally and hold all the best CV's. I regularly buy grafted fingers from this seller and they are true, and very good quality. The best Australian carrier in my experience.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/aussiefingerlimesinternational/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

s
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:01:09 AM by Millet »

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 02:13:35 PM »
Mr. Dyson,
It would help potential buyers to know what varieties you sell. Fanatical fruit growers/collectors such as those in this forum really care about these things, so they don't repeatedly buy the same plant. Even just the rind and pulp colors will be appreciated if you collected these from the wild.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »

So essentially, you're refusing to answer my question. I'll ask you again: What CV's are you growing? I'll tell you what I'm growing, you'll like this:

purple bliss
crimson tide
sunshine yellow
alstonville
wauchope
Red champagne
rick's red
Byron sunrise
Mia Rose
Lismore Pink.

What's the problem?Why do you persist in refusing to answer the simple question as to which types of fingers you are growing? If your product was good, it would  speak for itself-- you wouldn't need to play a game of hide and seek. I suspect you're only growing poor quality CV's, and have come on this site looking to dupe people out of their money, having first counted on their ignorance as to which types are actually worth growing from seed and which aren't, by selling seeds of sub-par varieties.

You can buy good quality seed from this ebay store, they ship internationally and hold all the best CV's. I regularly buy grafted fingers from this seller and they are true, and very good quality. The best Australian carrier in my experience.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/aussiefingerlimesinternational/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Thanks for the link.  How would you rank the best Cv.s of finger lime?

s
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 04:26:34 AM »
crimson tide, red champagne and Rick's red are the best IMO, perhaps not in that order, but those would be most people's top three.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »
I'm also curious about the variety's the new member has for sale....can you name some?

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:14 AM »
Mia rose seems good for off season production. But man is it an ugly tree!

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »
Mia rose seems good for off season production. But man is it an ugly tree!

yeah, it's very late and ratty looking as all hell. Good fruit though, mine doesn't seem to produce very dark pink vesicles.

vitiga

• FRANCE / NEW CALEDONIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 06:41:28 AM »
Hello All,

I am interested by crimson tide, red champagne and Rick's red .

If available, please pm me or email me direct at vitiga@canl.nc

Thanks in advance

Vincent
Le Jardin aux Mille Fruits
La Coulée, New Caledonia

muralikamana

• razole, e g dt, ap, india 533242.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 10:22:02 AM »
Hello All,
I am interested by finger lime seeds any color.
If available, please pm me
Thanks in advance

muralikamana