Author Topic: Psidium longipetiolatum fresh seeds available now!  (Read 2453 times)

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
Psidium longipetiolatum fresh seeds available now!
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »
Hello all

I've colected first ripe fruits on my Psidium longipetiolatum trees today... some more fruits will ripen during next days/weeks.
Very limited supply because my trees are still young but I'm offering the fresh seeds for sale or trade.

Here is a discussion on the Forum presenting this tree and fruit:

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=5571.msg96162#msg96162

If anyone is interested in getting seeds of this rare Psidium species please contact (PM or Email)... always open for trades in case you can have something of interest to me.

Thanks to all in advance
Miguel.pt
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:33:50 PM by Miguel.pt »

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Psidium longipetiolatum fresh seeds available now!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:29:46 PM »
I'll send PM
thanks
Mike

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:21:58 AM »
How is the sweetness of the fruit you just harvested?  I always find myself disappointed when I eat Strawberry Guavas -- they're just a bit too small and not quite sweet enough, whereas Lemon Guavas are great (they have just enough size and sweetness).

Miguel.pt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 02:18:53 AM »
Hi Barath

I guess you call strawberry guavas to the red Psidium catleyanum, and Lemon guavas to he yellow ones... is it so?

To me it all depends on the treatment and care you gave to those trees... if well watered I can get strawberry guavas as big and as sweet as the lemon guavas... and these P. longipetiolatum fruits can get to that size too if well cared for... you can see some pics of the fruits on my hand on the Forum discussion.

That is true that if left abandoned the strawbery guavas tend to produce smaller and less sweet fruits... but still very palatable anyway.

Cheers my friend   

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 02:38:30 AM »
That's right -- by Lemon Guava I mean Psidium littorale (Yellow Strawberry Guava).  I guess what I've found is that even when I don't give any special care to Lemon Guavas they are at least somewhat sweet whereas Strawberry Guavas aren't.

How was the P. longipetiolatum?

Miguel.pt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
That's right -- by Lemon Guava I mean Psidium littorale (Yellow Strawberry Guava).  I guess what I've found is that even when I don't give any special care to Lemon Guavas they are at least somewhat sweet whereas Strawberry Guavas aren't.

How was the P. longipetiolatum?

Hi Barath

Now I prefer P. longipetiolatum fruits to lemon guava fruits... the lemon guavas are so common here that they got just boring for me... and the P. longipetiolatum fruits have a hint of acidity I prefer better... and the benefit from the rarity factor too...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk