Author Topic: Transplanting guava and others myrtaceae  (Read 825 times)

Anto989

• South Italy , calabria region near the tirrenian coast
    • View Profile
    • The exotic farm
Transplanting guava and others myrtaceae
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:28:52 AM »
Hi guys,i have a lot of psidium ,eugenia and jabo trees potted,some of them have big roots came out the pots and now in ground,now i must move them all and plant in open field inside another greenhouse.

Someone told me to move the bigger plants with hardest and biggest root in winter,the others during fall. Any direct experience?

I remember I moved an acca sellowiana during winter years ago and after a stop of 1,5 years is now fruiting,but don't know if is the same for them.

thanks in advance

Anto989

• View Profile
    • The exotic farm
Re: Transplanting guava and others myrtaceae
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 03:44:35 PM »
up!

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:52:53 AM »
Hello, I dont have any tips regarding your question, but just wanted to ask if your jaboticaba trees were bought from an italian nursery, and if you could provide the name of the nursery that would be great. Thanks
As for your question, I have not done this with such plants  but from my 2cents standpoint, I think u should do this when its cooler and provide some kind of shade for them in the first few weeks , and water them on a regular basis. 
I think u could transplant them anytime,since your putting them in a greenhouse, but I would pick a cooler time of the year and possibly in early spring before the growing season starts. Thats from a personal experience , thought with deciduous plants.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:55:03 AM by Plantinyum »

Anto989

• View Profile
    • The exotic farm
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 09:31:02 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I grew my jabo from seeds bought in USA