Author Topic: 7 types of Ziziphus seeds for sale: Z. Mauritiana, Spinosa (all still available)  (Read 1752 times)

triphala

• India
    • View Profile
(all types are available : 16/3/2019)

8 types of Ziziphus seeds for sale : Z. Mauritiana, Spinosa and others

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BabuBotanicals?search_query=ziziphus

Price $2-6.50 for 8-10 seeds + $4 shipping internationally (free combined shipping)

Few other types of fruits seeds : “Allahabad White” Guava, Kachari melon, a Pink Guava variety, Diorspyros Monatana Cordifolia --- besides other subtropical seeds :
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BabuBotanicals

(USA people only purchase upto one of each type or quantity variations of ABOUT 50 seeds total as is the import regulation)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 08:17:18 AM by triphala »

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
Cen you descirbe the taste of the 8 Ziziphus types? Which are the most tasty ones?

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
I’ve read that mauritiana is not very cold hardy. Do you have any information on this?

triphala

• India
    • View Profile
@Felipe
I have outlined the tastes in the individual listings pages. The Z Mauritiana "Round" would probably win a taste contest, followed by Spinosa varieties to which "Round" seems affiliated to

@nexxogen
I dont have any experience with them outside of subtropical climate. subtropical means very cold in winter and very hot in summer. Temperatures in subtropical India do not go below 0 celcius, and usually get to 2-5 celcius in winter. Ziziphus fruit in winter and mature by spring. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:01:17 AM by triphala »

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
Thanks for the answer. Ziziphus Vulgaris that we have here in the Mediterranean is very cold hardy and is able to take temperatures down to -20 celsius. But I guess Mauritiana, being tropical, is nowhere near that.

triphala

• India
    • View Profile
@nexxogen
but I would assum that Chinese jujube are cold hardy as China is cold

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
I grow Indian jujube.  It needs protection from freezing,  otherwise it grows well. Fruits are big and tasty compared to Chinese jujube. Any the best is. It makes fruit it s all years long.

triphala

• India
    • View Profile
@ lebmung
only once a year in subtropical

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
@ lebmung
only once a year in subtropical

My jujube is a big Thai grafted plant from Thailand. In keep it in a pot. It's very water hungry.
It flowers constantly with new growth. The only problem I have are spider mites, they love this plant.

triphala

• India
    • View Profile
all types are still available : 15/3/2019

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk