Author Topic: Looking for mango scions in florida or ship  (Read 1032 times)

Dennyscabrera

• USA,Florida,Homestead,10B
    • View Profile
Looking for mango scions in florida or ship
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:15:26 PM »
Anyone that will have mango scions for sale please pm I’m in homestead fl.

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for mango scions in florida or ship
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »
Truly Tropical and Alex from this forum sell a wide selection Of scions .
Zone 10

tropical-farmer

• North Miami Beach, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Hi Dennys,
i have purchased scions from truly tropical a few times, the last time was very disappointing, they were all very thin diameter and small. I now prefer a local grower who has a huge collection, he walks with me around and we choose which branch to trim, he sells $3 a scion in September-October. I suggest find some local friend in homestead and trade or buy scions. There is someone here in forum who sells a wide variety of scions, from Parkland, FL , i asked to drive up there , its a 30 mins drive from where i live, instead of shipping but he refused and i was thus disinterested, but the selection is huge if you want.
Here is the link to that : http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=17605.50

I will also trim my trees beginning of August and will have Angie, Ugly betty, cogshall, peach cobbler, orange sherbet, Fairchild, coconut cream, mallika, carrie, super julie, pina colada, sugar loaf(few), pickering, cac, M4...you can always come by and ask which size branch to trim, it will be $2 per scion unwrapped out of tree. I am in North Miami.

Satya
Satya

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 01:53:33 PM »
Alex at Tropical Acres Farms is top notch.

I've ordered scions from both Alex and DG. Mixed results with scions from either. Lots of other factors at play. Yes, if you can hand pick fitted scions, go for it. But Alex rocks for scions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk