Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 171787 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Paying methods: PayPal or airtm https://app.airtm.com/ (i prefer airtm)

mail: marcospcmusica @ gmail , com

For updated prices and species, please see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

Free (air mail) shipping for +100 USD packages!, I recommend EMS fast shipping.

NEW SPECIES:

Chalchal or "Cocu", Allophylus edulis

The fruit is small but very sweet, nice taste. It is a dioecious species of the genus Allophylus, which belongs to the Sapindaceae family. It is endemic to Guyana, Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay. It grows in strata even more than 1600 meters above sea level. It is a small tree or shrub, dioecious, 4 to 7 m high (exceptionally 15 m), with a reddish-brown trunk and scaly bark. It has persistent to semi-persistent, light green foliage. Compound, trifoliate, alternate leaves, glabrous, dentate leaflets, short pedicel, even sessile. Flowers small, whitish, 2 mm in diameter, in racemes; the masculine ones with the filaments of hairy stamens; the female ones with trifid stigma. It blooms in August and September (austral spring). Globose drupe fruit 7 to 11 mm in diameter, yellow and red ripe. Ripe unevenly on the bunch, fruit of various colors can be seen at the same time. Fruits from September to November.  Its habitat is river and mountain. Its fruit is edible and is used to counteract intoxications - especially liver - using leaves and thin twigs. It is also used as an ornamental in cities. It can also be used to prepare tereré and refresh yourself.

5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   50 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds   120 seeds
USD 14            24               46               92            110                170              210             220

* Jaboticaba from Oberá New Wild one from Misiones, Oberá. Deep sweet taste, very good. Many fruits have a drop shape, thin skin.

INTA Jaboticaba Amazing news! jaboticabas keep coming from Misiones (1300 km from Junin), subtropical climate. This species was harvested 20 years ago at the San Pedro forest, then selected and growed at Eldorado, Misiones by INTA engeneer, national institute of agricultural technology. 2.5cm sweet fruits with a remarkable petiole, fruits by spring, summer, fall.

[/url]

5 seeds USD 18 | 10  seeds USD 32 | 12  seeds USD 39 | 20  seeds USD 60 | 30  seeds USD 85 | 40  seeds USD 110 | 80  seeds USD 190 | 100 seeds USD 230 | 160  seeds USD 300 | 200  seeds USD 360

Jaboticaba INTA San Pedro is here! This time better than last year! Super sweet juicy fruits, deep flavour, I think this is better than sabara and red hybrid!

* (22 sep 2020). Jaboticaba de Campo Ramón (Plinia sp.) . Wavy elongated leaves. Fruits are 3cm diameter, very good sweet taste (It has tones of maraschino cherries). This kind of jaboticabas use to grow faster than sabará and other species, they resist at least -5º or -6ºC frosts (21º F) I tested 5 feet tall trees at my parents weekend house in the last winter at -6ºC (21º F). The mother tree is 25 years old and started bearing at just 5 years old at Misiones!, (that's what the collector said, they take special care of the tree because its early bearing feature)

5 seeds USD 18 | 10  seeds USD 32 | 12  seeds USD 39 | 20  seeds USD 60 | 30  seeds USD 85 | 40  seeds USD 110 | 80  seeds USD 190 | 100 seeds USD 230 | 160  seeds USD 300 | 200  seeds USD 360

Shipping are doing well to Europe and Asia, maybe good to USA too now, we are testing and waiting. There is a way to ship to USA via Europe too. PM me.

* Guaporetí (Plinia rivularis), amazing fruit taste! jaboticaba+peach+banana, one of my favs.

My advice:

Psidium collection (11 varieties/species), USD 90, +:
Arazá pera, 4cm fruits   Psidium sp.   -5ºC   8
Arazá-banana   Psidium sp.   -6ºC   8
Tropical guava: branca Brazil   Psidium guajava   -4ºC   4
Tropical guava: peruvian yellow/pink (late season)   Psidium guajava   -4ºC   4

Total USD 114, with free shipping.

Special offer: USD 100, with free shipping!

Amazing stock on rare Annonas:

* Araticú #1, smaller

* Araticú #2, bigger

* Araticú #3, elongated

* Araticú 4, Rougher skin, (new)

* Big Araticú Eldorado

* Araticú da praia (Annona parviflora)

* Graviola de montaña, Colonia Delicia, 885 gr, (new)

The rare Psidium collection pack is here! All these amazing species for USD 90 including shipping cost.

Full image, zoomeable: https://ibb.co/cx8Sq15

Among our native fruit trees we can find several species of the Psidium genus that provide excellent tasting fruits with exceptional nutritional properties. These are rustic trees that appreciate the sun, good irrigation and resist, in different degrees, frost, wind, ponding and drought. The ideal temperature for germination is between 20º C to 27º C (68ºF/80ºF), so it is recommended, in cold weather, germinate inside the home (after soaking for 24 hours), take care of them near a window and bring seedlings outdoors in autumn / winter to a greenhouse with half shade or during the spring in the shade. Then they should get used to the morning sun or half shade. When they exceed 25cm in height we can give them full sun. It is advisable to water abundantly during the flowering and fruiting season. They usually produce their first fruits between 3 and 5 years old.

* Ñangapiré negro (Eugenia repanda) March 2020. First fruiting. Fruit tree native to the La Plata River Basin in danger of extinction ... Unjustly endangered given its beauty and good taste similar to cherries / plums, as a special feature it supports the shade very well and can bear fruit in that condition . Resists -7ºC. Little stock for now, just 20 seeds! We will have more in 1 month.

5 seeds USD 14, 10 seeds USD 26

Very tasty and rare arazás are starting to ripe here! this is the Psidium season

* Arazá serrano (Psidium longipetiolatum) (feb-march 2020)  Very rare psidium, similar to strawberry guava but hardy to -7 or -8º C, bigger leaves and taller tree. I like it more than strawberry guava: deeper citrusy taste, the skin is harder. This is my favourite Psidium now along with P. robustum and hybrid Psidium; it has stronger taste. Climate: tropical, subtropical, temperate.

5 seeds, 10 USD ||| 10 seeds, 19 USD ||| etc.

* A good variety of Annona montana! (frost hardy to -2ºC, it can grow here while A. muricata cant).

Name                                                    Scientific name      5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds   120 seeds
Graviola de montaña, Misiones (jan 24)   Annona cf. montana   14              24             46              92           170               210             220
Good stock for this wonderful Annona montana!

Taste report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3v7-5iAmRQ

* arazá pera! Very good fruit, one of the best Psidium I know. Cold hardy small plants from Misiones, Argentina.

5 seeds usd 8, etc.

Graviola from Misiones (Annona montana) ,  taste is delicious, like a mix of pineaple, peach, jaca, chirimoya, very good.
New surprise  from Misiones! coming with delay. Friday 24 jan, I can take new orders of mountain graviola since monday 20.
Name                                  Scientific name   5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds   120 seeds   200 seeds
Guabanaba from Misiones   Annona muricata   14       24            46                92             170              210                     220               300

Name                          Scientific name        5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds
* Guabiju, Posadas   Myrcianthes pungens   16             30                 58             110            190         230
Guaviyú: excelent fruit tree, sweet fruits full of antioxidants, ornamental and hardy plant, it resist -9ºC or so. Stock: about 300 seeds, some of them sprouting now!

16/dic 2019, Two new unidentified jaboticaba species/varieties from Argentina (near P. jaboticaba maybe), frost hardy to -6ºC or so, fruiting in subtropical and temperate climate now:

* (out of stock) Jaboticaba Luján (Plinia sp.) . Taste is a bit different to other jabos I tasted (sabara, red, serrana, campo ramon, eldorado gota, inta, etc.), juicy, delicious and sweet, good seed to pulp ratio, well balanced taste, black fruits (not redish) up to 2.6cm diam, I will do icecreams soon. Fruiting in temperate climate! Not precocious. Marco Lacerda wrote about this jabo "Very unusual. Distinct from P. jaboticaba, P. trunciflora, P. cauliflora and several others. I'd approach it to P. oblongata and to Pingo de Mel (Honey Drop), however distinct from both due to the semi-persistent rounded sepals at the calyx."

Name                                Scientific name                        5 seeds 10 seeds  20  seeds 40 seeds 80  seeds  100  seeds
*  (out of stock) Sweet uvaia Eldorado   (Eugenia pyriformis or lutescens)   18         32         60             110            190             230
Premium quality uvaia seeds are here, good stock. Sweet juicy and good size fruits from Eldorado, Misiones

* Junin Eugenia uniflora One of the best tasting native fruits, red and black varieties from Junin:
Good stock!
See the video, good size fruits, very sweet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA-Z7O7fgfw
Name                       (Scientific name)         5 seeds 10 seeds 20 seeds 40 seeds
Junin red pitanga    Eugenia uniflora            8     15           28            54
Junín Black pitanga    Eugenia uniflora       10    19          36            

Another good surprise! this time from Córdoba, Argentina.

* Mistol from Cordoba (Zizipus mistol) ,mixed flavor between chocolate and raisins. It is another excellent fruit native to the grasslands of Argentina. Frost hardy to -7ºC or so. Its fruits can be tasted raw or we can do the mistol coffee by means of a process by which the seeds are discarded in a mill and the pulp of the fruits previously dried in the sun are grounded.

Name                                                5 seeds 10 seeds 20 seeds 40 seeds 80 seeds  100 seeds
Mistol from Cordoba   Zizipus mistol   16          30         58            110          190         230

Big Orange Guabiroba, Eldorado, nov 2019, Big sweet fruits! I will have just a few by monday 4 nov, keep in mind that Campomanesia xanthocarpa seeds are hard to sprout. Wet seeds in vermiculite. Also you can make a wonderful tasty and anti-cholesterol tea with its leaves.

5 seeds USD 16 | 10 seeds USD 28 | 20 seeds USD 50 | 40 seeds USD 90

* (out of stock) Jaboticaba Eldorado gota (Plinia sp.)   Small leaves. Fruits are 2 to 2.8cm diameter.Taste is sweet when it ripes in black colour, with a good amount of acidity, very enjoyable. I will be cleaning the fruits, doing icecreams and selling the seeds. It is a hardy species, it can resist -5ºC (23ºF) or maybe more. Many of them has a drop shape, so I am calling them "gota" just to remember its variety or species, as there are many more at Eldorado, Misiones.

5 seeds USD 16 | 10  seeds USD 30 | 20  seeds USD 58 | 30  seeds USD 84 | 40  seeds USD 110 | 80  seeds USD 190 | 100 seeds USD 230

Name                                                   Scientific name           5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   
Ubajay Eldorado, Misiones, Oct 2019   Eugenia myrcianthes   16            30            58          

Name                                                   Scientific name           5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds
Cherry of the rio grande, Red, Eldorado   Eugenia involucrata   10            19            36            68

And will have new ones by tuesday 22 Oct, for instance:

Name                                                   Scientific name           5 seeds   10 seeds  20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds 100 seeds
Cherry of the rio grande, Black, Eldorado   Eugenia involucrata      10       19         36             68        110          136

* out of stock Hybrid Araçá  (maybe P. guineense x P. grandifolium ), very rare, tastes and smells like pineapple/caramel/strawberries. Hardy to -6º C, it likes irrigation very much but does not tolerate flooding. It bears fruit in 2 to 3 years in pots. Climate: tropical and subtropical. Native of grassland regions, Argentina (Corrientes, Misiones, Salta)
(3/august/2019)Now harvesting Hybrid arazá in the middle of the winter! fruits will get yellow in 1 to 3 days, taste is similar to strawberries+pinneaple, lovely, pleasant smell too, very hardy species. Limited stock.

5 seeds:  USD 12 | 10 seeds:  USD 22  | 20 seeds:  USD 42 | 40 seeds:  USD 80

Stock just on #1 type
Annona aff. neolaurifolia #1 and Annona aff. neolaurifolia #2 . Two rare species, yellow fruits, sweet delicious pulp!  http://www.colecionandofrutas.org/annonaneolaurifolia.htm

5   seeds USD 16
10 seeds USD 30
20 seeds USD 58

Grassland species!: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=31468.msg347071#msg347071

Wet climate Offer (all seeds perfectly preserved in wet vermiculite in the fridge):

New Psidium sp. for sale!

* Arazá banana Very rare. Unknown origin, precocious fruit, begins to produce at 2 years old in pot, late production (end of autumn). Very good flavor, reminiscent of a mixture between banana, pear, lemon and guava, the skin is flavorful and crispy. Small seeds that do not bother the palate. It may be similar to the arazá-johvy, but we can not confirm that it is Psidium australe or another Psidium exactly. We think it could be Central American, but we can not affirm it either; the new shoots of leaves are brownish, which can mean that it resists frosts of between -3 to -6ºC. Limited stock.

5 seeds USD   8 | 10 seeds USD 15 | 20 seeds USD 28| 40 seeds USD 54

* out of stock Biribá (Annona mucosa or Rollinia deliciosa) Frost hardy to -2º C or so, sweet taste similar to lemon pie, big fruits, very nice variety from Misiones, Argentina.  Climate: tropical and subtropical

5 seeds USD 10
10 seeds USD 18
20 seeds USD 34
40 seeds USD 66

* Sete capotes (campomanesia guazumifolia), frost resistance -6º C or so. Hardy and tasty species, the flowers have the most wonderful perfume. One of my favourite fruits: it tastes very good (maybe a mix of pear and orange). Climate: tropical, subtropical

5 seeds (USD 12),
10 seeds (USD 22)

* Psidium ROBUSTUM   Very rare psidium, it tastes very good, acid and sweet, similar to a mix of pineapple/apple/strawberry guava. Hardy to -4º C or maybe -5ºC, it can resist to 6 months of drought. Plant in a soil with some sand or perlite for good drainage. Climate: tropical and subtropical

5 seeds, 10 USD
10 seeds, 19 USD

* Arazá serrano (Psidium longipetiolatum) (march 2019)  Very rare psidium, similar to strawberry guava but hardy to -7 or -8º C, bigger leaves and taller tree. I like it more than strawberry guava: deeper citrusy taste. This is my favourite Psidium now along with P. robustum and hybrid Psidium; it has stronger taste. Climate: tropical, subtropical, temperate.

5 seeds, 10 USD
10 seeds, 19 USD

Vishnu

• India
    • View Profile
Re: Uvaia, guaviyú and cedar bay cherry seeds for sale!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:07:42 AM »
I think guabiju is sub tropical is it right sir?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »
I think guabiju is sub tropical is it right sir?

Yes, right, I dont know if it produces in very tropical climates, but there are a lot of trees at Brasil and they bear fruit.

Vishnu

• India
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:23 AM »
Here in my place  kerala hot temperature  ranges 35 degree to max 40 degree  but cold temperature Maximum is 22-25 degree is it possible to fruit?

Vishnu

• India
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:19:53 AM »
I Think Rio de Janeiro is tropical it fruited in there?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:49:55 AM »
The first uvaias are ripening, but the other ones will take 2 or 3 weeks, and later there will be even another harvest in 1 month or so

Inside of the fruit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKSp1x40wA

cchan

• San Francisco California
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:54 PM »
I can say that the majority huertasurbanas seeds are very good and grow very well for me when I bought last year.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:53:35 AM »
I can say that the majority huertasurbanas seeds are very good and grow very well for me when I bought last year.

Very thanks! We had some problems with the shipping (too much time and so on) but I will mail again 2 or 3 mails with seeds that didnt reached the destination yet.

I want to report that all the uvaias actually on the trees are sold, but there should be another harvest in 4 to 6 weeks from now.

We will have pisidium guyanense (not p. guineense!), a very rare unknown psidium, tasty and sweet, in some weeks. Fruits are ripening fast.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »

It seems that in 1 month or so we will have hundreds of uvaias, this species really needs water to hold its fruits!!!

Scythian

• Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »
Hello,
do yoyu ship to Russia?

alfian1

• Indonesia, Jawa Barat, Sukabumi, 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »
PM sent

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 09:15:09 AM »
I sent some mails

About Guabiyú:

Guabiju needs a bit if light to sprout, maybe they will sprout into the package, but if they doesnt, sow a bit buried into your soil, water but dont drown them... they need an humid soil, dont drown while sprouting... then, when there is a plant, you can water more... their natural habit is near the rivers. In any doubt, just PM me or mail me, thanks.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »
I will have arazá-una in 10 to 20 days too, one of my favourite fruits

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=22588.msg272373#msg272373

Araçá-una / black strawberry guava or purple forest guava (psidium eugeniaefolia), harvest feb 2018

5 seeds: 9 USD
10 seeds: 14 USD
20 seeds: 25 USD
40 seeds: 45 USD
80 seeds: 80 USD
100 seeds: 90 USD

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: Selling: borojoa, araçá-una,e. repanda, uvaia and others.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »
New seeds and species, fresh janyuary 2018 harvest, please let me know if you are interested in cocona (solanum sessilimflorum), averrhoa bilimbi, tamarindus indica, dovyalis hebecarpa, physalis peruviana or solanum quitoense and I will put a price for them too.

Fruit Monster

• Australia, Eastern Seaboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 08:18:44 PM »

* borojoa patinoi very rare tropical fruit from Colombia, 24 seeds stock

6 seeds: 8 USD
12 seeds: 14 USD
24 seeds: 24 USD

Alibertia patinoi, commonly known as borojó, is a small (2-5m), dioecious tropical rainforest tree. It is one of the few of the Rubiaceae family that has edible fruit. It grows in the northwest area of Colombia in the Chocó Department and in the Esmeraldas Province of Ecuador, in areas of high humidity and temperature.

Hello. I am curious. Did you grow and fruit Albertia Patinoi aka Borojo in Argentina? How easy is it to grow outside it's native climate range?
Cheers.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »

Hello. I am curious. Did you grow and fruit Albertia Patinoi aka Borojo in Argentina? How easy is it to grow outside it's native climate range?
Cheers.

Hi, no no, I sow many of them yesterday because I received fresh seeds from a friend at Ecuador. I am selling the rest of them. I think this species would be fine just in the tropics. But I will try to keep them warm into my house by the winter (as I do with biribá, guanabana, jackfruit and others).

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »
* acid uvaia (eugenia sp.)

3 to 4cm diameter, rough skin pear shaped fruits, The perfume of the flowers is one of the best I know (along with citrus flowers and sete capotes), good for mermelades, icecreams, jams, etc.

3 seeds --> USD 7
5 seeds --> USD 11
10 seeds --> USD 20

Fruit Monster

• Australia, Eastern Seaboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 11:54:52 PM »

Cheers.

Hi, no no, I sow many of them yesterday because I received fresh seeds from a friend at Ecuador. I am selling the rest of them. I think this species would be fine just in the tropics. But I will try to keep them warm into my house by the winter (as I do with biribá, guanabana, jackfruit and others).

Interested in arranging a purchase. I can't see an option to inbox you. Can you send me a PM please.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »

Cheers.

Interested in arranging a purchase. I can't see an option to inbox you. Can you send me a PM please.

PM sent, we can use mail or whatsapp too (54 2364544750).

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 02:20:19 PM »
I sent 4 mails today, Ukrania, USA, Korea, Australia.

I am harvesting new uvaias now and watching the psidium guyanense and psidium eugeniaefolia getting ripe; for eugenia repanda we should wait till the end of feb. There will be a few natal plum and maybe rollinia sylvatica too and other species (orange tamarillo, many guavas, psidium australe and others).

Cedar bar cherries are still producing.

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
Marcos, your Guabiju fruited in just four years?! How tall is that tree?
To my knowledge, Guabiju usually fruits only after 7-8 years.

By otherside, I read somewhere that in Uruguay and Argentina exists a var that can fruit when just in 1m tall. Do you know that var, or... is yours that var?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Marcos, your Guabiju fruited in just four years?! How tall is that tree?
To my knowledge, Guabiju usually fruits only after 7-8 years.

By otherside, I read somewhere that in Uruguay and Argentina exists a var that can fruit when just in 1m tall. Do you know that var, or... is yours that var?

Hi, we grow many trees, they use to flower at 4-5 years old. I have one in my garden into a 30L pot, 2.3m tall and it is maybe 7 years old. I dont know about different varieties, I just grow 2: one from Villa Eliza, Entre Ríos, and other one from Capital, Buenos Aires (seeds from Botanic Garden Carlos Thays). I think that the Villa Eliza one is faster to fruit! At 1m tall, 4 years old it can do it, but I dont know about the other one "velocity" because I bought the trees when 2m tall/6 or 7 years old. I sow many of them and sell them, but we have 2 or 3 planted on my parents house, 2 years old, 70cm tall... so we will see...