Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 171812 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, the second harvest of uvaias is going on, there are not too much of them, something like 50 seeds and 20 of them were already sold, so I have 30 to offer now

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, red strawberry guava is ripening faster than I tought, I am eating the first fruits, so I add them to the list

Red Strawberry guava (psidium cattleianum var sabine)
20 seeds (USD 4)
40 seeds (USD 7)
80 seeds (USD 12)
160 seeds (USD 22)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi,

I went to my friend's field and I can confirm we will have some more guabijú in 1 week or so. We are in the middle of a drought so fruits are small this year, but this variety of guaviyú is interesting because it bears fruits at 4 years old.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
Interested!
How does this fruit taste?
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Interested!
How does this fruit taste?

Hi, guaviyú is sweet, 24º Brix when overripe, 20º Brix normal ripeness; no acid. A flavour that I can not compare to other fruits... it was the favourite fruit of Anestor Mezzomo (he tasted something like 930 fruits, so it is not bad).

In any doubt, just ask me

Regards

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
eugenia repanda is ripening faster, the first harvest should be in 2 weeks or less, and then another big harvest.

photos from today:

Prices:

black Eugenia Repanda (harvesting late feb, then later on march and april) (discount):
5 seeds USD 12,
10 seeds USD 20
20 seeds USD 38

This small and hardy bush likes shade and bears small cherry like (acid and sweet) fruits, it could be in full sun, semi shaded spot or full shade: it will fruit anywhere. Frost resistance: -6ºC

I have a very rare variety: ripe fruits are almost black! Normally, eugenia repanda use to be red.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
the first e. repanda are almost black now, by march I should have sete capotes;

Sete capotes (campomanesia guazumifolia), frost resistance -6º C or so.

5 seeds (USD 10),
10 seeds (USD 18)
20 seeds (USD 34)
40 seeds (USD 60)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Harvesting natal plum now:

Natal Plum:

10 seeds USD 6

Small shrub or bush, south african origin. Produces medium sized, fleshy red fruits that can be eaten fresh or used in preserves. Beautiful white fragrant flowers are showy and ornamental. Commonly used as a hedge plant. Tolerant to salt, frost resistance -5ºC or -6ºC.

More info: http://www.huertasurbanas.com/tag/natal-plum/

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Lemon guava harvest starts tomorrow!

* Lemon guava (psidium cattleianum var lucidum), very nice lemon flavour, not acid, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 4)
40 seeds (USD 7)
80 seeds (USD 12)

vladimir

• ukraina
    • View Profile
I received seeds. All perfectly . Almost all have grown. Thank you very much .

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I received seeds. All perfectly . Almost all have grown. Thank you very much .

Very thanks for reporting, keep all the eugenias and guaviyú in the shade till they are 40 or 50 cm tall, and then half shade and then full sun. They prefer a bit acid soil in my experience and rain water, but they can take water from the city too: they are not like jaboticabas that will need more acid soil and more rain water to grow well.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, I sent some mails yesterday and will send 6 more in the next few days.

I still have a lot of arazá-una (psidium myrtoides) seeds, eugenia repanda, strawberry guava, lemon guava and will have very rare psidium guyanense (not guineense nor guyanensis!) seeds in a few days, along with other species like sete capotes and maybe psidium australe.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
we are into the best moment of the harvest and there are even some sete capotes ripe (the other sete capotes will take some days to 1 month to ripe well), in the photos we can see eugenia repanda, psidium myrtoides and psidium cattleianum (yellow and red)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
* Psidium ROBUSTUM (NEW 4 march 2018)  Very rare psidium, it tastes very good, acid and sweet, similar to a mix of plum/banana/apple/strawberry guava. Hardy to -3 or -4º C and to 6 months of drought.

5 seeds, 10 USD (last year it was 15 usd)
10 seeds, 19 USD
20 seeds, 36 USD
40 seeds, 68 USD
80 seeds, 110 USD

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, tomorrow I will send 7 mails with the last uvaias, many "arazás", e. repanda, guaviyú and maybe the first sete capotes.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I sent many mails today, I have to send 3 or 4 more in these days

Eugenias and guaviyú need good shade when baby and young, and then when taller than 30cm you can give them half shade or sun from the morning and then when 1m tall full sun. Dont over water guaviyú when sprouting! (and never let it dry) then you can water a normally, but when sprouting it will feel bad if too much water... they are species that live near the rivers. Use rich soil.

Psidiums are easy to sprout and grow, they travel dry.

In any doubt, just pm or mail me

Thanks!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
* Psidium longipetiolatum (NEW march 2018)  Very rare psidium, similar to strawberry guava but hardy to -7 or -8º C, bigger leaves and taller tree. Taste is similar to strawberry guava too.

5 seeds, 10 USD
10 seeds, 19 USD
20 seeds, 36 USD
40 seeds, 68 USD

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
* Anacahuita (blepharocalyx salicifolius) (march 2018), Small fruits, taste is sweet but tart and spicy too.

5 seeds (USD 8 )
10 seeds (USD 15)
20 seeds (USD 29)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
By the way: I am enjoying the taste of anacahuita, even if the fruits are very smal, it has a mentol taste, sweet, strong, spicy: rare but nice.

myrcianthes cisplatensis fruited too but the fruits are very small and makes almost no sense, nice tree, vigorous growth anyway. Myrcianthes fragrans is fruiting for the first time, if anyone want seeds from these species, just tell me.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
We are having a late harvest of guabiju! the trees resisted a very hard drought so the fruits are small this year but very juicy and sweet. Normal fruits would be 2 to 3cm diameter. This variety is early bearing (4 years old)