Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 171801 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
We are harvesting the last batch of eugenia repanda, and I have many fresh psidiums,

In order from highest to lowest in rarity, this is the current list:

p. robustum
p. longipetiolatum
p. myrtoides
p. cattleianum red or yellow
p. guajava

I am harvesting sete capotes, guaviyú, anacahuita and the first myrcianthes fragans fruits

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I am tasting "psidium guineense" for the second time after 2 years. I think that the Brazilians call it "araza do campo". The taste was good: acid and sweet, even if the plant is in a pot and receives a few ours of sun, it measures just 30 or 40 cm tall. I was surprised by the good size compared to previous years and that it was sweeter than I remembered. It is a lemony flavor that I would compare with the yellow arazá (p. cattleianum var lucidum) with a perfume similar to the guavas (softer) and it also reminded me of the big arazá (arazá açú) or psidium robustum.

The main advantage of this fruit tree is its precocity: it begins to produce just 1 year and a half after sowing. "This species occurs in the Caatinga biome as a wild fruit that has broad utility and can generate income" (http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S2317-15372015000400214)

* Araçá do cacho (psidium guineense), harvest April 2018. Acid and sweet, hardy to -5º C, it start producing at 1 year and 6 months after sowing.

5 seeds: 6 USD
10 seeds: 10 USD
20 seeds: 18 USD
40 seeds: 34 USD
80 seeds: 66 USD

(Araçá de cacho, Araçá do Campo, Araçá de Anta, Araçá da praia e Araçá morango)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
The first "Araçá campestre" (psidium australe) just ripened, the others could take 1 to 3 months more... there were just 7 seeds and this is my favourite arazá in terms of taste, similar flavour to psidium robustum. I would say it smells and tastes like pineapple/caramel. Hardy to -5º C or maybe -6º C, it likes irrigation very much but does not tolerate flooding. It bears fruit in 2 to 3 years in pots.

* Araçá campestre (psidium australe var. argenteum or  var. australe), very rare, tastes and smells like pineapple/caramel
7 seeds: USD 15 (SOLD 29 march 2018)
10 seeds:  USD 18 (wait some weeks)
20 seeds:  USD 34 (wait some months)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I am happy to announce a new design for the sale of guavas and arazá (dry seeds), all of them taste very good. The current and future purchase orders will travel with this beautiful sheets with photographs, descriptions and instructions.

There are still 1 or 2 months left to stock psidium australe, but the rest of very rare psidiums and also the most common ones can be ordered right now.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
The new arazá and guava collection pack (for those that like psidiums!):

The current and future purchase orders will travel with this beautiful sheets with photographs, descriptions and instructions.

Example with seeds:

*  arazá serrano (Psidium longipetiolatum) (NEW march 2018)  Very rare psidium, similar to strawberry guava but hardy to -7 or -8º C, bigger leaves and taller tree.
5 seeds, 10 USD
* Psidium ROBUSTUM (NEW 4 march 2018)  Very rare psidium, it tastes very good, acid and sweet, similar to a mix of pineapple/apple/strawberry guava. Hardy to -3 or -4º C and to 6 months of drought.
5 seeds, 10 USD
* Araçá do cacho (psidium guineense), harvest April 2018. Acid and sweet, hardy to -5º C, it start producing at 1 year and 6 months after sowing.
5 seeds: 6 USD
* Araçá-una / black arazá or purple forest guava (psidium myrtoides), harvest feb/march 2018.
5 seeds: 9 USD
* Lemon guava (psidium cattleianum var lucidum), very nice lemon flavour, not acid, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 4)
* Red Strawberry guava (psidium cattleianum var sabine)
20 seeds (USD 4)
* feijoa (acca sellowiana), frost hardy to -12º C, very nice variety, super sweet and tasty.
10 seeds: 5 USD
* Tropical guava (psidium guajava) pink/yellow variety, frost hardy to -4.4º C, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 8  )

Total in seeds: USD 56
Shipping cost: USD 17

Total USD 73

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Adding  Araticum da restinga (annona parviflora); http://www.colecionandofrutas.cc/annonaparviflora.htm

Frost hardy to -5º C or so, sweet taste similar to chirimoya but, in the case of these first fruits ever, not so strong.

10 seeds USD 20

next harvest in some weeks or days

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Changing arazá do cacho to arazá morango because our variety really smells like strawberries

" ARAÇÁ vem das palavras do tupi Guarani: ARÁ-Fruta + eçá - olhos, referindo-se as sépalas persistentes que parecem formarem cílios. Também recebe os nomes: Araçá de cacho, Araçá do Campo, Araçá de Anta, Araçá da praia e Araçá morango (porque uma variedade tem o sabor de morango)."

http://www.colecionandofrutas.org/psidiumguianensis.htm

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, we are introducing a big tasty native pineapple guava/feijoa (acca sellowiana) variety:

* big feijoa (acca sellowiana), frost hardy to -12º C, very nice variety, sweet and tasty similar to banana but juicy and refreshing.

10 seeds: 8 USD
20 seeds: 15 USD
30 seeds: 23 USD
40 seeds: 28 USD
80 seeds: 54 USD

navkratis

• Saint-Petersburg. Russia. 4 Zone
    • View Profile
Hi, I got my order of 30 guaviyú seeds. It took 3 weeks to get them from Argentina (I live in Russia). Almost all the seeds are germinated with 1-2 cm roots (it is very good). Thank you!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, I got my order of 30 guaviyú seeds. It took 3 weeks to get them from Argentina (I live in Russia). Almost all the seeds are germinated with 1-2 cm roots (it is very good). Thank you!

Wow, those are very good news. Keep in mind you should not over water guaviyú in this stage.

The trees had a very long season this year: resisted a hard drought and then fruited till now (they use to do it just by january/february)

I hope your plants grow well, they prefer a bit acid soil (and shade when young.)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Adding fresh biribá seeds from Misiones:

* Biribá (annona mucosa or rollinia deliciosa) , frost hardy to -2º C or so, sweet taste similar to lemon pie, fruit weights 1k, very nice variety from Misiones, Argentina. 

10 seeds USD 20
20 seeds USD 18

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
biriba, etc
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2018, 01:18:06 AM »

* Biribá (annona mucosa or rollinia deliciosa) , frost hardy to -2º C or so, sweet taste similar to lemon pie, fruit weights 1k, very nice variety from Misiones, Argentina. 

10 seeds USD 20
20 seeds USD 18

Wow really frost hardy to -2C?

My rollinia is so sensitive frost.... (almost die... last winter...)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: biriba, etc
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2018, 11:33:34 AM »

10 seeds USD 20
20 seeds USD 18

Wow really frost hardy to -2C?

My rollinia is so sensitive frost.... (almost die... last winter...)

Helton at Brazil wrote -1ºC but this another one variety is from Misiones and there can be -5ºC frosts there, so I think they can resist -2ºC at least... also, my biribá at our garden survived to -2ºC

Zpusher

• DFW z8
    • View Profile
Hi, do you have sete capotes seeds available?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, do you have sete capotes seeds available?

Hi, no, sorry: I sold them all and there are just a few on the trees now. Very nice fruit. The next year I should have many more and probably campomanesia xanthocarpa and campomanesia lineatifolia too!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, I stil have most of the species, but not guaviyú, eugenia uniflora, eugenia repanda, uvaia (eugenia pyriformis).

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Tropical guava varieties on sale now:

brazilian  yellow/yellow nice taste
brazilian yellow/white maybe the best taste
cuban green/pink very nice taste, firm, big fruit
paraguayan yellow/pink very nice perfume, nice taste
peruvian yellow/pink, more pulp, few seeds, nice taste

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
UPDATE, 24 may 2018: I have some very rare cephalotaxus fortunei seeds on sale now. 10 seeds USD 18.

dungnguyen

• Vietnam, Hochiminh, Tropical
    • View Profile

Hi Marcos,
My Black eugenia repanda seedlings from your seeds now are growing very well.
Just want to take the photo of the seedlings for your ref.
Regards,
Dung
Dung

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

Hi Marcos,
Regards,
Dung

Very thanks for posting! it is amazing to see them growing at Vietnam, so far from here. Eugenia repanda is one of the most beautiful trees I grow.

Cheers

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile

Hi Marcos,
Regards,
Dung

Hey Dung
I was wondering are you growing the E repanda in full sun?
I have a couple seedling from last year and they were grown in indirect light.
Yours look like they are off to a great start!

dungnguyen

• Vietnam, Hochiminh, Tropical
    • View Profile

Hey Dung
I was wondering are you growing the E repanda in full sun?
I have a couple seedling from last year and they were grown in indirect light.
Yours look like they are off to a great start!

Hi Mike,
The position I place the seedlings just have some direct sun in the morning. They are in the shade after 10AM.
Dung