Author Topic: Garcinia lateriflora flowering  (Read 11717 times)

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
Re: Garcinia lateriflora flowering
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 06:13:45 AM »
The one female tree I have sets a fair amount of fruit, maybe there were 30-40 fruits. There has been multiple flowering this season and I saw a few green fruits last week. I’ll post some photos soon. I’m not at the farm right now but will check again later this week.

Finca La Isla

• View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 03:35:53 PM »

So we’re getting more fruits from this tree and they’re better every time. Yesterday I shared some with a visiting family with small children. Everyone liked lateriflora. The complexity of the flavor is impressive. In looking over the thread I noticed that someone commented that a previous photo gave the impression of it being ‘seedy’. That’s not really the case. The seeds are similar to mangosteen.
Peter

mangologist

• Capt Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2021, 07:54:47 PM »
Almost 10 years of posts regarding a plant of mine, G lateriflora which now has about 20 fruit on it.  The largest is the size of a walnut.  Can anyone give me some guidance on when to harvest, & how to tell when ripe.  The Internet has limited info.  The tree has been in the ground for 11 years and this is it's first fruiting.

TheGivingTree

• Florida Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
What a wait, congrats! Please share the taste. Would love to purchase a seed if you will be putting up for sale.

Finca La Isla

• View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2021, 01:36:25 PM »
Best if the fruits are as ripe as possible.  They will fall off and still not be spoiled in my experience.  Sometimes we lightly tug on them to see if they are ready.
My tree has fruits developing now as well.
Peter