Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

HAVE - "Florida Sweet" Barbados/Acerola Cherry

(1/1)

Jacob13:
Hello Friends,

I currently have some seeds from my "Florida Sweet" Barbados/Acerola Cherry.  If you'd like, send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will send you back some (a few) seeds.  The number of seeds I send will depend on how many people are interested and respond.  However, it is 1st come 1st serve, but I will also try to be as fair as possible and spread the seeds around as much as possible.  I don't have a very large amount but you are all welcome to the seeds.  I will also take some cuttings and see if I can root them as well.

Thanks,

Jacob

Tomas:
Hi Jacob,

I would very much like a a few seeds of your "Florida Sweet" Barbados/Acerola Cherry. I have sent you a PM.

Tomas

FlyingFoxFruits:
Jacob,

I've had horrible luck starting these trees from seed.

what's the trick to getting them to germinate?

I hear I'm not the only one who struggles to sprout these.

I have echosweet seeds coming soon if u want some Tomas!! or jacob!!  good luck germinating them though!

Tomas:
Hi Adam,

I have also read that acerola is hard to grow from seed but I will try anyway. Thanks a lot for the offer with echosweet seeds but I think I will just try the Florida Sweet.

Tomas

Tomas:
Adam,

About acerola seed germination, I found this text in some research paper: "The extraction of Barbados cherry (M. emarginata) seeds can be accomplished by the natural fermentation of the fruit pulp. The effects of the duration of natural fermentation (0, 48, 96 or 144 h) on the germination of Barbados cherry seeds were studied. Fermentation for 48 h resulted in the highest germination rates. The removal of pulp had greater effects on the enhancement of the germination rate than the duration of fermentation."

Tomas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version