Author Topic: Insane mango irony today  (Read 1018 times)

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
Insane mango irony today
« on: May 07, 2021, 11:09:22 PM »

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Insane mango irony today
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 11:44:55 PM »
It could be because his trees are afraid of dying so they are anxious to reproduce!
John

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 01:04:07 AM »
It could be because his trees are afraid of dying so they are anxious to reproduce!

That was my first impression, too....

Paul M.
==

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 02:32:25 AM »
Brad Spaugh

mango_kush

• Ft Lauderdale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 04:17:25 AM »
The trees are in no danger from dying, its just the cultivar is more productive or could be location.  Its not uncommon for a heavy bearing tree to have those issues

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 05:42:36 AM »

Google What does the Hygiene Hypothesis Mean? Answer: According to the “hygiene hypothesis,” the problem with extremely clean environments is that they fail to provide the necessary exposure to germs required to “educate” the immune system so it can learn to launch its defense responses to infectious organisms.Mar 23, 2018

Sooo, good news for us folks that carry microbes along with manure in our hands while we till the soil as we have been "exposed" & are survivors with good immune systems... lol

I also still like the theory of reproduce NOW if your concerned with the issue of death and want to carry on your lineage. Go tree go...

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 08:30:30 AM »
Have you all seen the movie Idiocracy? "Brawndo has what plants crave."  Below is a link to a great scene which I always keep in mind when dealing with my various tree issues. If nothing else, it puts a smile on my face.  We think the trees need this or that but sometimes we are just wrong. You have to reevaluate constantly and sometimes you have to throw out your "proven" methods. Sometimes doing nothing is the best option.

https://youtu.be/kAqIJZeeXEc
Brandon

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 08:43:49 AM »
It is well known that cleanliness is the enemy of the immune system which need early and constant exercise. Animals, dirt and all manner of natural waste help the immune system so allergies and immunity based conditions are linked to this. Think about all the chemicals and metals etc that also compromise the immune system like in cleaning products also. many farmers and people in rural areas however can be exposed to pesticides and mine generated contaminants so it isnt a neat theory.
Trees often flower and fruit in response to 'near death' experiences. When cyclones hit fallen trees can put everything into their one last shot at immortality. A lazy recalcitrant tree which refuses to bear according to horticultural folklore, can sometimes be encouraged by a good thrashing including the back of the axe on the trunk. A large copper nail in the trunk is also supposed to encourage fruiting activity/

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »
Trees often flower and fruit in response to 'near death' experiences. When cyclones hit fallen trees can put everything into their one last shot at immortality. A lazy recalcitrant tree which refuses to bear according to horticultural folklore, can sometimes be encouraged by a good thrashing including the back of the axe on the trunk. A large copper nail in the trunk is also supposed to encourage fruiting activity/

Agree,
Disease/fungus/bacteria etc. can be added to the list of stressors than may initiate bloom response.

Most think only of Cold but there are many other Stressors that may initiate bloom response. Some stressors that might initiate bloom: chemicals, minerals, pressure elevation, temperature (too hot or too cold), moisture soil, adding diseases/fungal/bacterial infections,Plant injury, animal etc. attacking tree trunk etc., many more  etc.etc. etc. Think both ways as too much or too little of anything can usually cause a stress response... and/or fruiting if available resources exist within remaining organism....... and/or occasionally death to most living things.

Past about 4 weeks in Palm City has received a few drops of rain with temperature about 90F day and 72
 night and many trees are being stressed due to lack of water/and or heat and are responding with new bloom in May 2021.

The trees are in no danger from dying, its just the cultivar is more productive or could be location.  Its not uncommon for a heavy bearing tree to have those issues

All trees and living things are in Danger of Dying.
We are guaranteed of one thing from beginning of life, All will Die...
The daily second by second danger of death exists and unknown and not guaranteed of the next second nor breath of life.

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »
These answers to my post/video are right on the money! I made the video for fun and I said you might get a giggle from the dilemma but the dilemma was fake. About 9 months ago I had a mango, avocado and lychee tree crises. That led me to figure out my problem. Let me explain.
My trees are about 95% perfect. I really know why my trees haven’t hit their mango producing potential this year and it has nothing to do with diseases or pests. I just made that video to have fun and for people to be entertained with my apparent dilemma which was made up. Here are the reasons (multiple reasons) my mango trees on average maybe produced 10-15% of their potential.
1) it’s a super high density planting and to make them look like they are all separated between themselves and to get more light I pruned the hell out of every tree and in the older bigger trees I also cut down their size to at most 10-18 feet. This is a fruiting stopper just by itself.
2) about 9 months ago I went to buy weed and grass killer at Home Depot and the only one they had was the super strong one and I blindly bought it and I sprayed around most trees and I caused severe severe injury to leaves and branches. So I had to prune the heck out of most trees to remove the damages.
3) to push the trees to grow back I disregarded the rule not to use nitrogen for many months before flowering and so I stopped flowering in most mango and avocado and lychee trees by fertilizing everything to push them back to healthy growth. I hurt 14 trees so bad I had to replace them.
The good thing out of all this is I now will never use weed and grass killer again. Also I’m going to let my tree go unpruned when the season is over for each tree to see if it makes a serious difference even if branches overlap. I don’t sell fruit so it’s all for fun. But I will tip the branches and shape my youngest non producing trees. Lastly somehow my experience with this problem I caused got me to realize and learn that Horticultural oil which is 98% mineral oil works great for most mango pests and mold and topical fungi.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:46:33 PM by weiss613 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk