Author Topic: The forum needs Super Heroes  (Read 4127 times)

Muni

• All there is.
    • Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: The forum needs Super Heroes
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 06:41:39 PM »
Hence the more general plant based approach. Something like: seed, seedling, spring wood, hard wood, sage, sequoia, etc..
Allow yourself to know, if you wish, that this is a multi dimensional communication.
See what happens.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 07:21:43 PM »
What a great idea. Getting agreement on the sequence of fruit quality or desirability should be a breeze.
Just need to go back to that very popular thread: what are your 5 favorite fruits? Oh no!

As a weed aspiring to be a palm. I noticed that the Dragon Fruit thread has.3159 Replies 600988 Views but i do not think  Dragon Fruit made the Top 5 favorite fruits (including non tropicals) Reply #509  116892 times.

I have never had one so i asked a member. They said there is the Chicken of the Sea and then there is the Tuna of the Desert. I hope they were joking?
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
Tuna of the desert is a deeply inappropriate analogy for dragon fruit. It is like calling a slug the jewel of the sky. Look at how much action the vexator thread attracted. The level of excitement may have tapered off after people's plants fruited.

Muni

• All there is.
    • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 07:59:45 PM »
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Opuntia, commonly called prickly pear, is a genus in the cactus family, Cactaceae.[1] Prickly pears are also known as tuna (fruit), sabra, nopal (paddle, plural nopales) from the Nahuatl word nōpalli for the pads, or nostle, from the Nahuatl word nōchtli for the fruit; or paddle cactus.

The tuna name goes in general for all cactus fruit.
Allow yourself to know, if you wish, that this is a multi dimensional communication.
See what happens.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 09:04:04 AM »
If the new MikeT and I come into contact we cannot exist in the same space and time so my identity crisis will be solved. Don't listen to what he says by the way,

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2020, 09:52:18 AM »
If the new MikeT and I come into contact we cannot exist in the same space and time so my identity crisis will be solved. Don't listen to what he says by the way,

Wait till they find out your brother SteveT is dominating Facebook. Or is that another alter ego? What if Steve and Mike don't even exist and it is really just Peter Salleras trolling the entire tropical fruit community while fruiting the dankest durian 18 inches off the ground.  :o   ;D
-Josh

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »
Well V no domination going on but quiet and considered contributions perhaps. No Steve and I are very different and Peter is a chum who has a fruit farm but seems to be pretty good at it. Trina is his tree sales person. I don't even do facebook. Steve sells seeds and plants and I don't. I am pretty stupid and he is smart. The only one who doesn't exist is MikeT as Mike T took him over. Unfortunately MikeT's messages also disappeared with him.

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
Well V no domination going on but quiet and considered contributions perhaps. No Steve and I are very different and Peter is a chum who has a fruit farm but seems to be pretty good at it. Trina is his tree sales person. I don't even do facebook. Steve sells seeds and plants and I don't. I am pretty stupid and he is smart. The only one who doesn't exist is MikeT as Mike T took him over. Unfortunately MikeT's messages also disappeared with him.

Northern Australia and Fruit Forest Farm are on my bucket list. I would love to rent a dual sport a go ripping around fruit hunting. It is a real shame about the messages as they are a handy way to keep track of seed and tree dates.
-Josh

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »

The evolution of Mike T

I suspect if the new Mighty Mike T had an encounter with an extraterrestrial his first question would be. Do you have any fruit mate! Lol
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »

Oops. I didn't even think about messages when I merged the account. My mistake. Sorry.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 01:34:44 PM »

Oops. I didn't even think about messages when I merged the account. My mistake. Sorry.
Speaking of which why did you wipe out the thread about invasive species? There was a lot of good stuff, goat head thorns in Idaho. Chestnuts blight in Tennessee. Just because I posted a photo of an armored catfish on the bank. You could have just deleted my photo and send me a personal message explaining why.Not the entire thread :( Yes i understand I need to be throttled from time to time but a lot of others contributed a lot of great stuff to that thread
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:37:59 PM by bovine421 »

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 02:47:16 PM »

Speaking of which why did you wipe out the thread about invasive species? There was a lot of good stuff, goat head thorns in Idaho. Chestnuts blight in Tennessee. Just because I posted a photo of an armored catfish on the bank. You could have just deleted my photo and send me a personal message explaining why.Not the entire thread :( Yes i understand I need to be throttled from time to time but a lot of others contributed a lot of great stuff to that thread

When was this?

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2020, 02:51:32 PM »

When was this?
July 28, 2020
I was actually doing an intervention and was trying to resuscitate them
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:00:41 PM by bovine421 »

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2020, 03:37:39 PM »
When was this?
July 28, 2020
I was actually doing an intervention and was trying to resuscitate them

I don't remember deleting that thread but I usually delete threads that aren't related to the forum or tropical fruit growing.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 06:36:39 PM by murahilin »

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2020, 04:22:20 PM »
Bovine I hit my head when I dived into the shallow end of the gene pool. Good to see catfishing going on but if you lock lips with those babies be prepared for slime.Pruning threads is fine.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
I'm not usually one to quote Tina Turner, but we don't need another hero so MikeT has to go.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 04:34:50 PM »
Bovine I hit my head when I dived into the shallow end of the gene pool. Good to see catfishing going on but if you lock lips with those babies be prepared for slime.Pruning threads is fine.
Yes Mike some of us are evolving at quite a slothful pace. :)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2020, 04:48:37 PM »
Nearly all people out of Africa had some Neanderthal in their lineage since you put the pic of one up.They have no place on this forum as they were nearly carnivorous. Many have Denisova blood also and even the pygmies were outcrossed to another species. If one believed in racial nonsense and purity the sub-Saharan africans who are not pygmy related are the only ones who didn't hybridize with another hominid in the last 60 000 years or so. Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons were not slothful and hunched like the pix at all and even had bigger brains than us.

Francis_Eric

• 40 miles west of Chicago Aurora IL ZONE 5
    • View Profile
    • https://myspace.com/undisclosedforthetime/
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »

This reminds me of my A great deal of the post
Great full to have a stalker Post
people get so mad about The pronouns
they them their now a days
 As a writer (not this bull crap on here poetry lyrics)

I removed all known identity from that post

I wonder if people now think I never had a stalker in the first place, and that was just some 86 Grand Am parked around town
 and it's all in my head which would be funny sick of my delusional stalker after a few months.

Trust Me I tried talk with no answer back, and that made me feel very sad!

You are  a convicted felon and ex-wife stalker so cannot legally own a gun

Not yet A wife stalker .

I did have a stalker once though
I felt so good about myself
had a pep in my step .
was living the high life
was a undesirable  driving around
In a old rusty  beat up, 1986 Pontiac Grand Am.

as long as is desired
When I heard of
Burglaries  in neighborhood

My insecurities
 started creeping out
Maybe, I'm not being stalked
maybe, just checking out the Neighborhood.
Me over the  material world .

There were other people interested
I had to let them go
I think I will take a walk
Be admired by my stalker,
or at least believe so .

(funny Truth of it a a person in that house looks like my clone
stalk me, not them,
but do not even answer my call extra sad)

Francis_Eric

• 40 miles west of Chicago Aurora IL ZONE 5
    • View Profile
    • https://myspace.com/undisclosedforthetime/
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »
Nearly all people out of Africa had some Neanderthal in their lineage since you put the pic of one up.They have no place on this forum as they were nearly carnivorous. Many have Denisova blood also and even the pygmies were outcrossed to another species. If one believed in racial nonsense and purity the sub-Saharan africans who are not pygmy related are the only ones who didn't hybridize with another hominid in the last 60 000 years or so. Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons were not slothful and hunched like the pix at all and even had bigger brains than us.

when I was 11 The bulls played new york I thought Patrick Ewing was Neanderal .
might be more insightful .

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2020, 09:55:48 PM »
Now that was really something and NY did better than they should have considering Chicago's line up. Patrick was ok and actually Larry Bird probably has more Neanderthal characteristics.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2020, 03:54:39 AM »
Haha, the doppelganger returns!
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk