Author Topic: GET READY FOLKS FOR MANGO MADNESS 2014!  (Read 3608 times)

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
GET READY FOLKS FOR MANGO MADNESS 2014!
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
Hey Forum,

Again this year the fruit and spice park will be hosting "Mango Madness" on June 28th 2014. The space is limited to just 40 people and already 4 have signed up (myself included). I highly recommend attending this event if you wish to sample a huge variety of mangos in a relaxed and small setting. The cost is 40$. I attended last year and have been on the lookout for the announcement since, and finally here it is. I highly recommend it especially because at the end you get a large bag to fill up to the brim with left over mangos ; )

http://www.fruitandspicepark.org/index.php?option=com_rsevents&view=events&layout=show&cid=330:mango-mania&Itemid=65

-joep450

Sleepdoc

• Davie, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: GET READY FOLKS FOR MANGO MADNESS 2014!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »
This is a great event for those wishing to eat a lot of different varieties of mango.

This is a photo I took at the event a few years ago

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
How is the mango quality at the Fairchild Mango Festival? I hear differing accounts. This Fruit and Spice park event might be a better bet to get good ripe tastes if you are contemplating buying a few varieties for  your backyard

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
Sounds good, I want to attend. I have to see if I have availability that weekend.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Sleepdoc

• Davie, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
How is the mango quality at the Fairchild Mango Festival? I hear differing accounts. This Fruit and Spice park event might be a better bet to get good ripe tastes if you are contemplating buying a few varieties for  your backyard

If you want to eat a lot of great locally grown mangos, go the the Fruit and Spice Park event.  The Fairchild Mango Festival is a totally different type of event, and nice in its own way.  At Fairchild, the tasting is totally different, and much more limited.

ericalynne

• United States of America, Florida, Venus, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
I signed up. It is about time to visit the Fruit and Spice Park again anyway.

At the Fairchild mango festival there is a long, long, long line and you get just a bit of fruit and have to constantly move onto the next fruit. So there isn't much time to note the experience. So with only 40 people, there may be more time for tasting and comparison.

Erica

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Joe.

Signing up was easy (over the phone).  8)

wslau

• La Palma, CA, USA, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:58:39 AM »
This is a great event for those wishing to eat a lot of different varieties of mango.

This is a photo I took at the event a few years ago

That's a lot of mangos for 40 people to sample and take home!  Wish we had something like this in Cali.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:01:07 AM by wslau »
Warren

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »
It's truly a Mango orgy at the Fruit & Spice park...They have plenty of bearing trees. In addition, there are thousands of bearing Mango trees in the Homestead-Redlands area. The largest planting of these trees in the USA.         
FloridaGreenMan

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
Hey Forum,

Again this year the fruit and spice park will be hosting "Mango Madness" on June 28th 2014. The space is limited to just 40 people and already 4 have signed up (myself included). I highly recommend attending this event if you wish to sample a huge variety of mangos in a relaxed and small setting. The cost is 40$. I attended last year and have been on the lookout for the announcement since, and finally here it is. I highly recommend it especially because at the end you get a large bag to fill up to the brim with left over mangos ; )

http://www.fruitandspicepark.org/index.php?option=com_rsevents&view=events&layout=show&cid=330:mango-mania&Itemid=65

-joep450

Looks great Joe! I love to make it to that event but I'm sure you will give us a detail report on the tasting. Thanks.

MarinFla

• Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
    • USA, Deerfield Beach/FL, 33442. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
I signed up. Should be a great event. Maybe one of the last of the events hosted by Chris Rollins since he plans to retire.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
Got the wife flowers, chocolates, and other goodies she likes for valentine's day....then i told her i signed her up for a mango class (she looked confused/uninterested...until the part when i mentioned the tasting of over 100 varieties....Eyes opened real wide....and Huge smile...Success!

Can't wait for the tasting!
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »
Are you sure the event is limited to 40 people?  I couldn't find that on the site.   I would definitely love to go if it is a limited crowd.  I love mangos but not lines. 
George