Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Best performing blueberry varieties

<< < (5/5)

Plantinyum:
Nice replies , I will keep my eyes open for those varieties, recently I bought one chandler and one pink lemonade blueberries, plants are small and do not have flower buds so tasting for me will hopefully be next year  ..

My wild blueberries/ billberries have alot of flower buds in their second year ,hopefully they get better and better .
Anyone growing those ? In my experience they are harder to grow in a yard setting compared to regular heigh bush blueberries . They seem to like very aerated soil and do not like compaction.

BQ McFry:
I planted three rabbit eye style bushes in PH 6.0 soil, in a spot that gets morning and afternoon shade with midday sun. They grew leisurely for 3 years but I was not giving them much care. This spring I began adding mulch and watering regularly, and they're covered with berries. I think this will be the first year I begin pruning them back in the winter.

My dad has a row of rabbit eye along his property line fence about 100 miles northeast of me, deeper into zone 7b. I'm not sure how old they are, but they're tall enough that I can't reach all of the branches.

Plantinyum:
An update on my blueberries coming later today !!!

Seanny:
I ate a few O’Neal from my bush.
Flavor was ok.
Texture was too mushy.

Plantinyum:
Mine are just now in peak flowering mode. Bluecrops despite my initial expectations of them having freeze damaged flower buds , are having alot of flowers. Other varieties like darrow and some unknowns have shown alot more damaje and have only a few flowers here and there.
It seems to that they are flowering too late...but maybe its becouse the last year when I bought the bluecrops in feb they were already flowering , but that might be that they were growing in a greenhouse in the nursery....
All of my plants are very young so I hope with aging they wont be experiencing any cold damage whatsoever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version