Author Topic: A little whipped cream on your roundup ?  (Read 6989 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: A little whipped cream on your roundup ?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 08:11:36 PM »
Glyphosate sprayed on crop before harvest.
https://youtu.be/X2Qp0WX8h00

dross99_si

• SE Florida zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2020, 03:00:07 PM »
Once they started involving themselves in politics I promptly quit buying B&J. Not a fan of Blue Balls ice cream. Mayfield however, is delicious.

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »
I'd worry more about all the "natural" things out there can make you sick or kill you - unpeeled parsnips, raw rhubard, ocean fish, green tinted potaoes, potato fruits, assorted mushrooms, undercooked kidney beans, apple seeds. . .
Heck, even chugging too much water can kill you.
Think I'll go have a beer with my breakfast!

Cheers,
Carolyn

wonderfruit

• US, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2020, 11:34:17 PM »
We are the creators of our destiny and I chose to believe that we will change.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2020, 02:42:48 PM »
We are the creators of our destiny and I choose to believe that we will change.
Change or perish.
John

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
This is sounding much like the DDT debate. Of course it is harmful like all pesticides including neonicotenooids and of course companies like Monsanto knew and sponsored selective research to show it has very minimal impacts. The original surfactant debate in the 80s and pinning aquatic life especially frog wipeout on glyphosate was pretty conclusive in the end.
The question is the intensity of the endocrine disruption and at what concentrations compared to normal use. There are much worse pesticides out there and just look at its registration paperwork to start with and look at independent studies. It definitely has some adverse impact on people but it is probably very small with normal use.
I think outside the US Trumpisms like fake news don't fly and neither does the rejection of science because you don't like it. Too often sober assessment is perverted by weird logic just look at the gun debate.

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2020, 07:31:05 PM »
With you all the way, Mike.  Things have been so bizarre here I just want to move to Pandora!

Carolyn

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »
You only need to research glycophospate toxicity to determine it’s safety. Look for peer reviewed independent research.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 09:31:04 AM »
This is sounding much like the DDT debate. Of course it is harmful like all pesticides including neonicotenooids and of course companies like Monsanto knew and sponsored selective research to show it has very minimal impacts. The original surfactant debate in the 80s and pinning aquatic life especially frog wipeout on glyphosate was pretty conclusive in the end.
The question is the intensity of the endocrine disruption and at what concentrations compared to normal use. There are much worse pesticides out there and just look at its registration paperwork to start with and look at independent studies. It definitely has some adverse impact on people but it is probably very small with normal use.
I think outside the US Trumpisms like fake news don't fly and neither does the rejection of science because you don't like it. Too often sober assessment is perverted by weird logic just look at the gun debate.

Mike, sorry to take you there but what was the DDT debate?

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 09:48:23 AM »
It makes me glad to know that for the past 10 years I have always made my own ! Sounds like a massive lawsuit incoming, I don’t understand why people buy products like these from the conglomerates. It would save you 80% of the cost to make your own and would be far nicer!

This is another good example of a spammer/bot.