Author Topic: Giselle  (Read 2110 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Giselle
« on: July 25, 2021, 08:59:12 AM »
I just gave one of these to a doctor friend who gave it a very good review. I have not tried it yet but will soon. Have not seen any discussion on this forum about this particular mango. Has anyone tried this. Tropical Acres Farms still has fruit. It's prepaid orders by appointment.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:07:35 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Giselle
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 09:34:57 AM »
Named after Gary Zill's wife.  Yes, tried it a number of times but from fruit only off mother tree.  Average at best.  Definitely a pass for me.

You do crack me up.  Every mango you try seems to be classified a winner.  Is there any variety you have not liked?
- Rob

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 10:30:35 AM »
Named after Gary Zill's wife.  Yes, tried it a number of times but from fruit only off mother tree.  Average at best.  Definitely a pass for me.

You do crack me up.  Every mango you try seems to be classified a winner.  Is there any variety you have not liked?
If you read the post I have not tried it yet. Thanks for the dose of Killjoy

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:36:45 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 11:06:05 AM »
You seemed to be posting based on a random review from someone you gave a fruit to.  Doesn't add much credence to saying how good it is.  Hey, you may like it.  Have you tried a hone grown well ripened Tommy Atkins?

Personally,  if you havent noticed, I love mangoes but not every mango.  There are many I dont like (I am giving my opinion, not saying all will or will not agree).  I haven't met anyone who truly "likes" every variety.
- Rob

JR561

• Boynton Beach, Florida 33437 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 07:18:36 PM »
Had one last week from tropical acres. Not impressed at all. Average mango.

Z-22 and P-22 were the winners for me this month.

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 08:20:39 PM »
Bullie being a bully. Ignore him, bovine. When you try a ripe Giselle, do not let the Forum's resident bully stop you from posting your opinion about it.

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 09:51:17 PM »
Bullie being a bully. Ignore him, bovine. When you try a ripe Giselle, do not let the Forum's resident bully stop you from posting your opinion about it.

Go F yourself..the only one who is acting like a bully and attacking is you (but I didnt need to say that cause its clear for all to see, as this is the second time).  You know nothing about me but its easy to see what you are. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:57:37 PM by bsbullie »
- Rob

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 09:53:21 PM »
It does seem as though the salty atmosphere of this forum is stifling discussion and conversations. I have actually had a very productive weekend. Went to South Florida picked up a Karen Michelle 15 gal tree. Stop by Tropical Acres Farms picked up some premium mangoes and budwood.Went back to Central Florida and distributed some to local Growers. One of which has a mature Carrie tree and the other has a Bombay
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:45:35 PM by bovine421 »

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 11:28:11 PM »

Stop asking for opinions if all you want in return is confirmation. I have tried it, it’s an ok Mango. 
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 11:35:33 PM »
The Brix readings on these have been in the 20s. It’s a deep rich, complex Indian/West Indian flavor. Nothing “average” about that.

One of the best varieties of the year, and there have been some great ones.
Paul Nison and I had one a few days ago next to an excellent Sugarloaf (another favorite) and we both agreed the Giselle was the better mango on that particular day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:47:14 PM by Squam256 »

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 11:54:15 PM »
If everyone on this forum voted for their favorite mango just think how many
different opinions you would get

If everyone voted who's the biggest asshole on this forum it would be unanimous

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 09:49:26 AM »

So many worthwhile mango varieties that #1 can vary from one day to the next, as Alex describes.  Best to keep an open mind.  We're blessed here in SoFlo with our mango culture--the one thing we really have going for us!  That and nice winter weather.     
(Ok, I won't go that far concerning a-holes.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:26:08 PM by johnb51 »
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 11:11:38 AM »

So many worthwhile mango varieties that #1 can vary from one day to the next, as Alex describes.  Best to keep an open mind.  We're blessed here in SoFlo with our mango culture--the one thing we really have going for us!  That and nice winter weather.     
(Even assholes have their purpose.)
A little salty but I don't think I would go that far

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 05:48:56 PM »

Beautiful picture, where is that?
Nate

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 05:56:43 PM »

Beautiful picture, where is that?
The Dead Sea in Israel.It is symbolic of this forum if it keeps this salty atmosphere.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 06:10:27 PM »
To keep things on a positive note. I love mango season :)
Sticks and stones may break my bones but texting never hurts

https://youtu.be/FCY5L4pBjqg

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 07:21:21 PM »

Hahahha THAT is the only youtube video about the Giselle mango tree. Good video w Alex expounding on Gisele. He is all smiles, very happy to talk about it and promote it. To buy a Giselle mango tree, I guess Alex at Tropical acres is where you go. Does anyone else sell it? Just curious. I have no room for anything else.

I have a customer who loves mangos more than you. He is gaining weight from eating them. I told him you have to eat the mangoes when they are ready here in Florida, you lose the extra weight after mango season. He buys lots then gives them to his condominium friends at Kings Point. (mega-big condo development here in West Broward) We have the best mangoes here in South Florida (West Coast South Florida too) so eat them now and hit the gym when the season is over.

And since you seem to like my line of bs I will tell you what the single best mango fruit was, that I ate this year. One particular Lemon zest fruit was so loaded with orange and lemon tastes! I was amazed!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:28:48 PM by zands »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 07:52:50 PM »

Hahahha THAT is the only youtube video about the Giselle mango tree. Good video w Alex expounding on Gisele. He is all smiles, very happy to talk about it and promote it. To buy a Giselle mango tree, I guess Alex at Tropical acres is where you go. Does anyone else sell it? Just curious. I have no room for anything else.

I have a customer who loves mangos more than you. He is gaining weight from eating them. I told him you have to eat the mangoes when they are ready here in Florida, you lose the extra weight after mango season. He buys lots then gives them to his condominium friends at Kings Point. (mega-big condo development here in West Broward) We have the best mangoes here in South Florida (West Coast South Florida too) so eat them now and hit the gym when the season is over.

And since you seem to like my line of bs I will tell you what the single best mango fruit was, that I ate this year. One particular Lemon zest fruit was so loaded with orange and lemon tastes! I was amazed!
It sounds like you're having fun.Where you located I'll have to come by and see you I still have to fill my freezer. I am an equal opportunity buyer. So far nobody has met my poundage request so you may just be the guy :)
A friend gave me these old-school varieties yesterday I would like to try more

I still haven't tried Giselle. It still ripening maybe tonight. Since it is vigorous I probably won't be grafting it I have no room for another tree.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 08:14:10 PM by bovine421 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2021, 09:39:29 AM »
I would love to be able to give you a taste review of Giselle. When I got home from work last night my children had came over to visit. One of them ate my Giselle. No one's talking just smiles. I tried to interrogate the grandbaby. She only answered in Creole. Pai jo low malpop kiket.
Which I think means shut your mouth you dirty chicken
So I guess I may never know >:(

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2021, 11:15:27 AM »
I would love to be able to give you a taste review of Giselle. When I got home from work last night my children had came over to visit. One of them ate my Giselle. No one's talking just smiles. I tried to interrogate the grandbaby. She only answered in Creole. Pai jo low malpop kiket.
Big disappointment for all of us.
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »
Big disappointment for all of us.
Well hopefully we can have your review. Have you tried this variety :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:59:52 AM by bovine421 »