Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Grafting pomello on lemon

(1/4) > >>

Plantinyum:
Hello, can I graft a pomello cion on a lemon rootstock. I have a vigorous lemon tree ,and want to graft one or two branches  of pumello . Anyone tried grafting other citruses onto lemon, mandarins, cumquat , pomello ??thanks !!

tedburn:
Hello, I tried this about two weks ago, so I can' t tell you a final result, but up to now the grafts are green.
I grafted Chandler and Satsuma on an elder well growing lemon. Best regards Frank

Plantinyum:

--- Quote from: tedburn on March 05, 2021, 03:00:32 AM ---Hello, I tried this about two weks ago, so I can' t tell you a final result, but up to now the grafts are green.
I grafted Chandler and Satsuma on an elder well growing lemon. Best regards Frank

--- End quote ---
thanks, hope u keep us updated with your experiment !! 😁

sc4001992:
Yes, you can graft oranges, mandarins (shiranui, kiyomi, xie shen, dobashi beni, Miyagawa), pomelo (mato buntan, kau phuang, banpeiyu) on lemons. I do that on my trees and get good fruits. My rootstock lemon I graft to is Lisbon, 10 yrs no problem.

I hear the Eureka may not be compatible with some varieties.

Plantinyum:

--- Quote from: sc4001992 on March 05, 2021, 04:30:31 AM ---Yes, you can graft oranges, mandarins (shiranui, kiyomi, xie shen, dobashi beni, Miyagawa), pomelo (mato buntan, kau phuang, banpeiyu) on lemons. I do that on my trees and get good fruits. My rootstock lemon I graft to is Lisbon, 10 yrs no problem.

I hear the Eureka may not be compatible with some varieties.

--- End quote ---
thats what I wanted to hear !!! The only problem I may have then is that I do not know what variety my lemon tree is. I will definitely try it, this will be the way to find out....
When do u graft them ??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version