Author Topic: Who would one contact for bulk quantities of turpentine mango seeds  (Read 1772 times)

WaterFowler

• Coachella Valley
    • View Profile
We have a transportation company and one of our clients who manages a nursery specializing in citrus asked me where he could get up to 10,000 turpentine seeds from Florida, and what ballpark cost he was looking at. I mentioned to him I thought manilla mango seeds work better in California and to call LaVerne nursery to see if they might be feeling friendly and point in him in the right direction but he seems to want "turpentine" mango seeds from Florida for some reason.

Anyone know where to get that sort of thing in bin/pallet quantities?  ;D

mike rule

• karrabin qld australia
    • View Profile
Re: Who would one contact for bulk quantities of turpentine mango seeds
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 08:51:59 PM »
Why not try a juice company that has mango juice on its list...... They would have seeds available..... Mike

WaterFowler

• Coachella Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »
Why not try a juice company that has mango juice on its list...... They would have seeds available..... Mike

I have tried that(and actually so have they). The juice bar "Mangos" will give you hundreds a day. The problem is almost none of them germinate and the ones that do seem very weak. Plus he wants Florida "turpentine" for some reason

WaterFowler

• Coachella Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:53:50 AM »
Bump

If anyone knows any sources for bulk mango seeds let me know. I've reached out to several sellers here with no luck as well.  :-[

The commercial Keitt orchards here have literally tons of culls but somehow I don't think they are jumping at the chance to help potential competition lol.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »
Bump

If anyone knows any sources for bulk mango seeds let me know. I've reached out to several sellers here with no luck as well.  :-[

The commercial Keitt orchards here have literally tons of culls but somehow I don't think they are jumping at the chance to help potential competition lol.

If you want 10,000 seeds, may as well plant a few hundred trees now and grow your own fruit for seed production.
Brad Spaugh

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 12:28:20 PM »
Processing the seeds to prepare for planting is the monkey in the middle of this plan.