Author Topic: Belimbing Hutan, Torch Ginger and Durio Kutejensis Reviews (VIDEO)  (Read 1708 times)

Jared

• NYC
    • View Profile
    • Weird Fruit Explorer
Finally back home from Asia, so I can post these more regularly now. Here are the last three reviews from my trip in Borneo!

http://youtu.be/c-bJg8WNBHM

! No longer available

! No longer available
- Jared
Check out my youtube series, Weird Fruit Explorer:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChsbD6Clp-ZPqKwXJR3V7DQ

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Re: Belimbing Hutan, Torch Ginger and Durio Kutejensis Reviews (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
Haven't watched yet but I love the updated graphics I see in the thumbnails...

Jared

• NYC
    • View Profile
    • Weird Fruit Explorer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »
Thanks! I've started taking a photo of all the rare fruit I've come across in addition to the video review, its strange how some of these fruits don't have a clear photo available online.
- Jared

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »
Thanks! I've started taking a photo of all the rare fruit I've come across in addition to the video review, its strange how some of these fruits don't have a clear photo available online.
Thanks, nice and informative videos. You might get more photos if you search the latin names. Different places use different common names. I know the Baccaurea angulata has good pictures right on this forum. I think there are good photos of Durio kutajensis here also. Many of the photos posted on the web maybe in other languages, another reason it's hard to find during a regular google search.
BTW, it's very difficult for anyone outside of Borneo to get to like duiran by trying Durio kutajensis. Almost impossible to find outside of it's native range. Ditto for the Baccaurea angulata. Ofcourse some of us are trying to change that situation. But it takes time.
Oscar

Jared

• NYC
    • View Profile
    • Weird Fruit Explorer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 01:26:48 PM »
Thanks, nice and informative videos. You might get more photos if you search the latin names. Different places use different common names. I know the Baccaurea angulata has good pictures right on this forum. I think there are good photos of Durio kutajensis here also. Many of the photos posted on the web maybe in other languages, another reason it's hard to find during a regular google search.
BTW, it's very difficult for anyone outside of Borneo to get to like duiran by trying Durio kutajensis. Almost impossible to find outside of it's native range. Ditto for the Baccaurea angulata. Ofcourse some of us are trying to change that situation. But it takes time.

Haha.. yes that's very true. Its maybe not the most practical of advise to tell someone to try and find a rare and vulnerable species of a fruit in order to get a taste for a fruit that is already hard to find for most of the world. Still true in my opinion though. :)
- Jared

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »

Haha.. yes that's very true. Its maybe not the most practical of advise to tell someone to try and find a rare and vulnerable species of a fruit in order to get a taste for a fruit that is already hard to find for most of the world. Still true in my opinion though. :)
Did you know that there is incredible diversity in durian? Not all are strong and pungent like you describe. There are even odorless types of durian. That might be a better and easier fruit to obtain for most than kutajensis.
BTW, did you know that there is a lot of diversity in kutajensis, some tasting a lot different than others? Do a search on this forum and you can see kutajensis with different colored pulp. There are even crosses between kutajensis and regular durian.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk