Author Topic: Fruit farms in South Florida with u pick stlye?  (Read 3539 times)

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
Fruit farms in South Florida with u pick stlye?
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »
Trying to help a friend that will be visiting Fl soon and she would like to know where are some U pick style farms in South Fl. She hasn't plan a location that she will be visiting yet, since she is mostly after fruits and just like a general idea of where to go.

Thanks for any help and really appreciate all and any responses :)

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit farms in South Florida with u pick stlye?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:29 PM »
There is a u-pick jackfruit grove in south miami, or at least there was last year.  I think they are dang rasimi
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

fisherking73

• Hollywood (Broward county), Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »
I know a guy who runs a small nursery and does u-pick from his trees. He has jackfruit, soursop, mangoes of many varieties, bananas, papaya, and what ever else he might have growing. Nice guy, only does by appointment. Also sells fruit trees. Mostly Zills and pins stuff. So just depends when your friend is coming as to what he has as it is all obviously seasonal. Let me know if you want his info.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:41:45 PM »
Truly Tropical does special u pick events a few days curing the mango season.  The dates will not be announced until we get closer to or into mango season.
- Rob

fisherking73

• Hollywood (Broward county), Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »
Definetly keep me in mind for that Rob lol.  Also excalibur, while not "u pick" I have had great eating experiences there LOL they usually have a table full of fresh fruit depending on what is on their trees.   Fruit and spice park also depending when she comes might be a good walk through scavenge more than pick fruiting. Left there with my belly full also.

gunnar429

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »
Truly Tropical does special u pick events a few days curing the mango season.  The dates will not be announced until we get closer to or into mango season.

I went to a few of these last year, and they were quite fun.  A good family experience for anyone with kids, too.  Har or Chris will provide a tour, info on the cultivars, and you get to pick the fruit that you like.  The tours when PPK are ripe are the best!!
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 11:27:59 AM »
Rob, that sounds fantastic, please update when Truly Tropical announce the dates for their u pick days.

That u pick jackfruit sounds good too, keep them coming

Thanks for the all the reply thus far :)

Doglips

• Houston TX 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:54:59 PM »
There is a u-pick jackfruit grove in south miami, or at least there was last year.  I think they are dang rasimi
U-pick Jackfruit, why does this sound like a lawsuit waiting to happen?  "Girl dodges machete only to be crushed by jackfruit, news at 11".

RichardN

• Florida, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 01:27:53 PM »
Truly tropical had a blog that keeps their customers update on fruit availability and event. delraymango.blogspot.com
RichardN

gunnar429

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 01:30:13 PM »
Truly tropical had a blog that keeps their customers update on fruit availability and event. delraymango.blogspot.com

There is an icon with a globe/world and a pierce of paper on it (2nd row down, 2nd column from left).  If you click it, it will add the hyperlink so that it links to the actual site.  Just FYI.

http://delraymango.blogspot.com/
~Jeff

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:42 PM »
Doglips, i can see that too, looks line u pick Jack fruitnisniff the list lol

I'll check the link, thanks