Author Topic: Identifying three mango trees  (Read 656 times)

Paula

• US, Florida, Polk County, Lake Wales, 9b
    • View Profile
Identifying three mango trees
« on: June 10, 2021, 11:00:41 AM »
I have three mango trees. They were mislabeled so I have no idea what they are. I was told they were Julie, Carrie and Indochina. All are delicious with little fiber.

Any ideas?

Tree 1: turns completely yellow when ripe inside and out.

Tree 2. Very thin pit. Yellow inside.

Tree 3. Ripe while green with orange flesh.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying three mango trees
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:44:32 PM »
I have three mango trees. They were mislabeled so I have no idea what they are. I was told they were Julie, Carrie and Indochina. All are delicious with little fiber.

Any ideas?
They were mislabeled, but you were told they were Julie, Carrie, and Indochina.  No disrespect, but I'm curious how that works.  You mean someone came along and told you that's what they are?  I have three trees growing near my house, and I posted pictures a few months ago to see if anyone could identify them.  Turns out they are all seedlings!  Two of them are really awful, and the third one hasn't ripened fruit yet.  At least all of yours are delicious with little fiber!   ;D
John

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 01:53:56 PM »
#3 would be Carrie.

Paula

• US, Florida, Polk County, Lake Wales, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 11:39:10 PM »
Thank you John. I bought these at Wirts nursery in Babson Park.  There were no labels on any trees. They were closing to go out of business. I took pics two years ago of the fruit to post and was told I should have posted pics of the fruit on the trees too in order to help ID them. I have several ripe fruit pics posted in my name from two years ago.

I have all my other fruit trees labeled (110 of them) but never got a real idea on these three.

Thanks Pineislandsr!  I’m so glad one could actually be a Carrie!!

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 04:23:07 PM »
In the second pic there is a big palm tree next to the mangoes, and I'm surprised to see the mango trees are doing well. Palm tree has many long roots like hairs everywhere.

mango_kush

• Ft Lauderdale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »
Palms are actually plants and their root balls stay pretty contained.

If that surprises you, you'd be shocked to see how vigorous and what conditions a mango seed can grow in down here along the rocks and rivers and in dense forests

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk