Author Topic: Sweet Fairchild jackfruit looks ripe but NO aroma  (Read 857 times)

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
Sweet Fairchild jackfruit looks ripe but NO aroma
« on: August 03, 2019, 05:32:46 AM »
My tree is bearing its first crop of two fruit.
The fruit have been going from green to an even yellowish brown but there is NO aroma at all.
I bought this variety because it was supposed to have a mild, sweet aroma and relatively cold hardy.
Can anyone that has fruited this variety advise me on when to harvest?

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Fairchild jackfruit looks ripe but NO aroma
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 09:09:29 AM »
I do have that one growing.It is a tough type for cold  as tough as mango.Sometimes jaks will not ripen properly on the tree as in the seeds strart to grow in the flesh reducing quality dramatically.Trial and error for each type.It is more mild with a bit of banana taste.

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Fairchild jackfruit looks ripe but NO aroma
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:38:21 PM »
My ‘Sweet-Fairchild’ Jackfruit was the first and only jackfruit tree & fruit that I’ve ever had & tasted. A couple of years ago it got destroyed as a result of a hurricane. I always appreciated the health of the tree and everything about the fruit. But, I’ve realized it’s not the bomb, when compared to superior varieties. I’m now looking to get a productive jackfruit tree variety with higher fruit quality.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk