Author Topic: Biiigggg Hasya sapodilla (picture)  (Read 1479 times)

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Biiigggg Hasya sapodilla (picture)
« on: May 29, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »
No... I don't have midget hands. This is a giant. Not sure if I buried radioactive waste near the tree.

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
Re: Biiigggg Hasya sapodilla (picture)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 10:14:58 PM »
No... I don't have midget hands. This is a giant. Not sure if I buried radioactive waste near the tree.

What a whopper! Mamey like haha

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »
Checkout this Hasya

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 12:44:52 PM by FloridaGreenMan »
FloridaGreenMan

Chicken Vindaloo

• Merritt Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
I planted a very small Hasya a few years ago (from Zill's). The tree has grown well and currently has many flowers. It hasn't ever produced fruit yet. Any idea when I can expect it to bear? FWIW, I have a very prolific Silas Woods located about 50' away from the Hasya.
Thanks!

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 05:56:22 PM »
Is the flavor as good as Alano?
John

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
I planted a very small Hasya a few years ago (from Zill's). The tree has grown well and currently has many flowers. It hasn't ever produced fruit yet. Any idea when I can expect it to bear? FWIW, I have a very prolific Silas Woods located about 50' away from the Hasya.
Thanks!

I had a Hasya for 7 years, and it produced a grand total of 6 fruits. I ended up replacing it with a Morena. The fruits are big, thought not as big as the Hasya, and it is a really good producer.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 09:06:33 PM »
Is the flavor as good as Alano?
I'm eating a small Alano now. The Alano tree is also smaller currently than my hasya so it may change in taste next year etc.
The Alano fruit is smaller and firmer than the normal hasya. The Alano is also dryer than the Hasya since I guess it has more fiber or thicker stone cells per given area. The skin of the Alano is firmer or thicker. The Alano appears to me to have a little musky taste mixed in with the brown sugar pear type taste of the Alano & hasya. The Hasya however tastes more like pears & brown sugar. On the plus and negative, the Hasya is so soft & watery that it often disintegrates on striking limbs and especially when hitting the ground.

I like them both. The slight musky additional taste of the Alano with its firmness seems stonger vs. the softer larger maybe sweeter Hasya which is very delicate and difficult to salvage once dropped from the tree vs. the Alano which is usually fine if you forget to pick it and it drops to the ground.

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 02:24:20 AM »
These are some pictures of a Hasya sapodilla/nispero (the mango is a’Lemon Zest’ variety)

Comments: So far, it’s been a good to great eating quality fruit.

My Hasya tree was planted ~5yrs ago & at ~4ft tall. Now, it’s ~15ft tall. The production has been consistent, but not heavy like other smaller sized varieties.

I’m really glad I got this Hasya, it works for me in my home yard.

'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.