Author Topic: real mini mango  (Read 2347 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
real mini mango
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:45:35 AM »
https://www.google.co.th/search?q=mini+mango&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KJSNVPqbH8y7uATyooKYDA&ved=0CBsQsAQ#tbm=isch&q=mini+mango+fruit&imgdii=_
Maryoto is selling the mini mangoseeds but i had never heard of it.

Do those tree's grow mini as well? And how long does it take from seed to fruit? Do they also taste like mango or more like a ma-prang??

There are many different ones. My wife told me her grandma also grew them but since the ndm mango nobody cares for them anymore.

This one looks great too

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:53:24 AM by bangkok »

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: real mini mango
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:00:10 AM »
Hi! This is very interesting! If this makes a mini mango tree i could be interested...  ;D

rliou

• Cerritos, Los Angeles,CA, sunset zone 22, USDA 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:04:02 AM »
In taiwan there is a mini mango called farmers party #1.  The mango is the size of an egg and its quite sweet.  The tree is not a super dwarf though
Robert

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
In taiwan there is a mini mango called farmers party #1.  The mango is the size of an egg and its quite sweet.  The tree is not a super dwarf though

If it's a big tree then maybe it gives loads of fruit? I would like to see the tree.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:12:07 AM »

If it's a big tree then maybe it gives loads of fruit? I would like to see the tree.

It does not have to be a big tree to give loads of fruit.  ::)
- Rob

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
I think I have one of these from Puerto Rico. May not be the same thing but the mangoes are about the size of a walnut. I grafted it to a branch of one of my trees.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 09:19:35 PM »
I think I have one of these from Puerto Rico. May not be the same thing but the mangoes are about the size of a walnut. I grafted it to a branch of one of my trees.

Wow, and does it really fruit mini mango's now? I would like to see that if you have a pic.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »

This is Talab Nark mango from Thailand, a mini mango.

I bought a big tree from it and it looks undamaged and without diseases which is very rare. I bought about 60 tree's here so far and they all had many diseases/infections/black spots and whatever but this one looks like it has been resistant to all. Can they be stronger then other variety's?

I have scions for trade, i prefer to get other mini-mango scions to make a minimango cocktailtree. Other good mango variety's are also welcome.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:29:40 AM by bangkok »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk