Author Topic: Jaboticaba diagnosis  (Read 617 times)

Dashami

• California, 9b
    • View Profile
Jaboticaba diagnosis
« on: January 17, 2021, 04:07:06 PM »
Hello,

I have a saba jaboticaba that I've recently transplanted into the ground ~3 weeks ago. It came in a 25 gallon pot and is about 6 feet tall at the tallest point. Recently I've noticed a bit of color change in the leaves and have some concerns. Some of the leaves near the top of the tree are yellow and on other leaves I'm noticing a purple/red color along the edges. Does this tree look healthy to you? Any ideas what might be wrong?

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Re: Jaboticaba diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 09:45:57 PM »
Rain water, iron.

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 10:56:51 PM »
I am in Florida and we are exceptionally cool this winter and my two Sabara trees
the newer leaves look similiar to yours. Are you cool also and I also thought I heard
from another CA post that you have strong dry winds now?
I am not worried about my trees when it warms up and the humidity returns my trees will
put out good growth but I am not certain in CA? Most pictures of CA jabos I have seen the
trees seem to like Florida much better?
Here's a picture of one of my sabara

Dashami

• California, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 02:31:52 PM »
I'll try rain water but we don't get a lot of rain (average 12 inches/year) so not sure if there will be enough to collect.

It's definitely been colder here. Down to the mid 30s at nights. The days have been in the 50s but its starting to warm up and we're getting 70s again. Hopefully if that's (one of) the issue(s) it will clear up soon. As for wind, haven't experienced that too much here. We had maybe one windy day. I feel CA is not ideal for them except maybe some coastal areas (aside from the salt air). This definitely isn't an ideal climate for them but trying to make it work.