Author Topic: Selling Limon Mandarina/Mandarin Lime/Rangpur Lime seeds from Costa Rica  (Read 1573 times)

JoshuaTilaranCR

• Los Angeles, Tilaran, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    • View Profile
Hey all, I saw in a post here the other day someone saying they would like to get some mandarin lime seeds. My wife and I have a little restaurant here in Guanacaste Costa Rica and we go through about 50 of these limes a week when its busy. The lime is sour but not as much as the Mexican lime or Persian lime, with a mandarin smell to it, tons of juice and can even substitute a lemon in a lemon meringue pie and it's hard to tell the difference. It is the lime of choice here for mixed drinks, ceviche and squeezing on food and salads. I also read a report about it being used as rootstock in brazil,link here ( http://www.citrolima.com.br/bulletin/bulletin6a.htm )

I would like to try and sell seeds so I can continue to buy different fruit trees that are rare and uncommon here, with the end goal of setting up a sort of rare fruit nursery and seed bank in this area of the country.

Here are some pictures and descriptions

These 2 images are from seeds that I brought home to CT from a trip in 2016, they started to sprout and these pictures were taken on July 19, 2016

This image is one of 4 of the seedlings that sprouted for me, taken on November 5, 2019, a little more than 3 years old. When I came to live in Costa Rica I gave it to some friends of ours. This plant flowered in March/April of 2020 but didn't set fruit. The guy with the nursery here in town says they can flower in about 2 years but I haven't seen it to be sure. When we had it, it went weeks without water in the winters and wasn't affected in the least. Supposedly they are very drought tolerant.

A bucket full of limes

A mayonnaise we made with this lime and cilantro for our restaurant

These next two are limes from a tree we had at the house, unfortunately we had to take it down to build an apartment

A drink we made for the restaurant with this lime, mint, basil and ginger

Cut mandarin limes and mexican limes

These last two are seeds I got out of some limes the other day and tossed them into a container with wet cotton. I think about 90-95% of the seed germinated. Some of these will go to being a rootstock and I will grow out the strongest to see exactly how long from seed it will take to flower

I would like to find maybe 2-3 people at first that would like this seed and do a test run to see if or how difficult it is to send the seed to the US. Those people will pay shipping plus a small fee, maybe $5, and after I confirm that people will get the seed in a timely manner then I will start to sell them. Thanks for looking!

-Josh

Nathaniel Young

• South Carolina USA
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Limon Mandarina/Mandarin Lime/Rangpur Lime seeds from Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 09:22:18 PM »
Hey I've been looking for mandarina seeds for years. Are you still selling them? So far you are the only place on the Internet I've seen that sells real seeds from Costa Rica I'll buy lets say a dozen if you can.

HumongousChungus

• USA, TX, Houston, 9a
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Limon Mandarina/Mandarin Lime/Rangpur Lime seeds from Costa Rica
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 03:29:11 PM »
Hello,

I would like to buy.