Author Topic: Help with Avocado problems  (Read 1230 times)

Treees

• Palm Beach County, FL
    • View Profile
Help with Avocado problems
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:13:39 PM »
Dear Forum members

My young Simmonds avocado has been fighting something and it does seem to be getting worse.  Looks like a mix of different problems.  Your advice will be much appreciated.

Smaller problem, but Jaboticaba's leaf tips are always dry, though likely not from lack of water - we have seen plenty of rain recently.

Cumquat leaves turning a bit yellow.  Anything to worry about ?

Lastly, just posting a  surprise flower of Soursop in a 15gal container.
No photo, but my Sri kembangan carambola is finally flowering, in October, and loaded with small fruits finally.  I can not imagine how those small branches can hold so many fruits.

Thanks !
S. Treees

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:18:16 PM by Treees »

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Avocado problems
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 12:09:02 AM »
I bought a Simmonds and an Oro Negro from Lara earlier this year.  When I brought them home, the leaves started to look like that.  I think mine were getting too much sun too quickly and got sunburned before they could adjust to the new conditions.  I painted the trunks white and moved them to more shade.  I also potted them up to a larger container with a fast draining mix.  With a little fertilizer, it wasn't too long before the trees started doing better and putting out a bunch of new leaves.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 12:26:43 AM »
We have not any anywhere near a sufficient amount of rain lately.   To stsrt with, sohnd and looks like things are suffering from drought stress.

What, how juch and when have you fertilized?

Lastly, looks like your kumquat looks as if it has mites.
- Rob

Treees

• Palm Beach County, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »
Thanks SonnyCrockett,  bsbullie,

I fertilize with the mix bought at Excalibur every other month but have to admit I am never sure how much to fertilize, may be overdoing for all I know.

This summer and early fall feel unusually wet in my area with rains almost every night.  May be my view is a bit biased.   Anyway, I will try watering it deeply.  It is in ground By the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk