Author Topic: Looking for good sized Pickering mango tree in 3 or 7 gallon pot  (Read 702 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
If you have one you want to sell or know a nursery that has one. Looking for an above average, leafed out specimen. My local nursery in Tamarac, Florida, 33321 has pathetic 3 gallon mango trees fresh out of Zill's that cannot be more than 14" high. Zill is rushing them out of their mango grafting factory these days/ I read here Zill's is sending truckloads of mango trees out West. California Arizona etc.

Any leads on what solid Pickering you have seen in Broward County, Palm Beach county, Dade County/Miami (I would even dig one out)  Thanks!

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
Re: Looking for good sized Pickering mango tree in 3 or 7 gallon pot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 11:59:54 AM »
Try Steve at Hidden Acres Mango Farm in Davie, FL , he may not have one in 7g but in 15g.

JulianoGS

• USA, South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 02:16:28 PM »
Hello there man, check with Caribbean Fruit and Plants in WPB. Joel is a really nice guy.
He had a 7 gallon for $70.

You may also want to consider a Juliette mango tree, small tree also if you cannot find Pickering.

If you have one you want to sell or know a nursery that has one. Looking for an above average, leafed out specimen. My local nursery in Tamarac, Florida, 33321 has pathetic 3 gallon mango trees fresh out of Zill's that cannot be more than 14" high. Zill is rushing them out of their mango grafting factory these days/ I read here Zill's is sending truckloads of mango trees out West. California Arizona etc.

Any leads on what solid Pickering you have seen in Broward County, Palm Beach county, Dade County/Miami (I would even dig one out)  Thanks!
Be very careful and mindful of what you sow, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 02:41:56 PM »
Als Fruit Trees had nice ones last time I was there. Bought a beautiful 7g last year with a zillion branches.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 02:58:03 PM »
Thanks to all for the tips and suggestions. I never heard of any of these places. I used to hit Bender's Grove but they are gonzo with his death?  I suppose? His website is still up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:01:00 PM by zands »

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 03:34:57 PM »
I visited someone recently in lake worth and they had a 6ft tree, I think he said $100.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 08:49:26 PM »

I've seen small trees that look healthy.  I guess it's an issue if they're too small because the potting soil will just drop away from the roots.  I've had that problem before.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 08:54:59 PM by johnb51 »
John