Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

choose between several varieties of cherimoya

(1/5) > >>

albert84:
hello everybody,

I need help to choose between several varieties of cherimoyas : in my greenhouse, I will have place for only 3 cherimoyas, also I have no right to make mistakes. if my weather was warmer, I will grow outside 30 or 40 cherimoyas and choosing varieties wouldn't be a big problem.
I heard that pierce was a great variety, so I will grow 1 pierce, and now for the last 2 places I think about honeyheart, big sister, orton, el bumpo.
I don't ask you about taste because it's very subjective, I would like to ask about 2 things :

can you tell me the varieties between honeyheart, big sister, orton, el bumpo (or other varieties that you know) which have less seeds and which are the most productive (as I have not a lot of place so I can not afford to choose variety with low productivity).

thank you very much.

albert84:
I will simplify my choice and buy 3 pierce. can you confim me that pierce has good productivity and few seeds ?

RollingInTheWeeds:
I have a friend who has hundreds of tropical fruit plants growing in her orchard (including 5 or 6 different cherimoya trees).  She said Pierce is less productive than some of the others.  At cherimoya tastings, I thought Pierce and Orton were the best, but as you said, taste is subjective.

palingkecil:

--- Quote from: albert84 on September 14, 2021, 01:41:45 PM ---I will simplify my choice and buy 3 pierce. can you confim me that pierce has good productivity and few seeds ?

--- End quote ---

Here in my yard Orton is very productive and the fruit is big. Taste is very subjective, but most people like Orton.
My honey heart drops all the fruitlets when the heat waves come, but without the heat waves it produce well too.

Oolie:

--- Quote from: palingkecil on September 19, 2021, 12:13:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: albert84 on September 14, 2021, 01:41:45 PM ---I will simplify my choice and buy 3 pierce. can you confim me that pierce has good productivity and few seeds ?

--- End quote ---

Here in my yard Orton is very productive and the fruit is big. Taste is very subjective, but most people like Orton.
My honey heart drops all the fruitlets when the heat waves come, but without the heat waves it produce well too.

--- End quote ---

Quoted for posterity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version