Author Topic: C12 Carla  (Read 1448 times)

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
C12 Carla
« on: August 08, 2019, 01:48:55 AM »
Since 36-8 isn't yet available for the public to grow, I'm interested in hearing about it's siblings.
Fruit Punch has been available for a while now, and there's a lot of info out there, but has anybody been eating C12?

I'm interested in how it tastes, but most importantly shelf life.

MANGOJOY

• CORAL SPRINGS
    • View Profile
Re: C12 Carla
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »
I had it last year. Its a good mango. Near the skin is really thick. I like Carla  better than 36-8.
But I am waiting for the release of Creme brulee- I tried that last year and its got place in my top 5.
The mango that suprised me this season is P-22 its a lite sweet tart and very similar to Zinc.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:53:34 AM »
Carla is quite good and one that we’re trialing for production/MBBS resistance. Hoping it can be an alternative to Kent and other prone mid/late season varieties.

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
I had it last year. Its a good mango. Near the skin is really thick. I like Carla  better than 36-8.
But I am waiting for the release of Creme brulee- I tried that last year and its got place in my top 5.
The mango that suprised me this season is P-22 its a lite sweet tart and very similar to Zinc.

P22 was great, agreed

mangomanic12

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 01:41:01 PM »
Ditto for P-22. Delicious.
Got the seedling growing now in ground is it Mono or Poly?  Parentage / any info on this mango ? I bought my fruit from ZHPP end of june
My seed only shot up 1 shoot

Mike

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »
Joe posted a good review of P-22 in Mango Reviews.

I tried it once at a tasting, and the sample I had was very simple. It had the flavor of Parsnips, and the texture of Cream. Very nice fruit.

As far as I am aware it's mono, and not released yet with no future plans, but who knows.

As far as Carla is concerned, I'm thankful for the opinions. Thick skin bodes well for shelf life, and if it is truly superior to 36-8, then I'm looking for some scions.