Author Topic: Indoor Citrus  (Read 2994 times)

CanadianCitrus

• Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Indoor Citrus
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »
UPDATE:
Evening everyone!

The Meyer lemons are flushing new growth like crazy. Lots of new leaves as well as blooms. The plants are showing nitrogen deficiency (pale yellow leaves and veins). Should I “spoon feed” the plants as they seem to be hungry? Lower the amount of jacks 25-5-15 but feed more regularly such as every week rather than every two weeks?

How long does it take to correct a nitrogen deficiency? The new growth looks good, it’s the more mature leaves that look a little rough.

In reading articles as well as watching YouTube videos, I have heard a rumour that if a plant is flushing new growth (leaves/blooms) it could mean that the plant is dying. Has anyone heard this? I’m trying to figure it out as I have never experienced this much growth (historically most of my citrus have died prior to trying the 5-1-1 mixture which I really like so far.

Thanks! Hope everyone is havi by a great summer!

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 09:42:26 PM »
Dying citrus trees do produce a bloom, but not both blooms and green vegetation.  CanadianCitrus your plant most likely is producing a flush and bloom because you are doing everything well.  What you suggest concerning a more frequent watering schedule is called a constant feeding feeding (less but more often)  You can also use both a slow release fertilizer along with Jacks, just don't over do it..  Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for the update. 

Carilinaa

• london
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2021, 01:04:40 AM »
 ;) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk