shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:05:29 PM »
It sounds like the South American/Southern Hemisphere equivalent of what happened to Texas last winter.
John

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 05:54:44 PM »
Despite incorrect perceptions, not all of Brazil is tropical. Southern Brazil often gets freezes. Brazil is the size of USA so has a lot of different climate zones. Getting colder than usual in southern Brazil though.
Oscar

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:43:13 PM »
Despite incorrect perceptions, not all of Brazil is tropical. Southern Brazil often gets freezes. Brazil is the size of USA so has a lot of different climate zones. Getting colder than usual in southern Brazil though.

Having been there during spring, summer and fall on different trips mostly in the south, it is nippy sometimes. Occasionally they get an antarctic blast of wind, even in the summer, and you can have a 40f swing in a day, then back to being in the oven the next day. I remember my friend's mom put a wool blanket by my bed one night and I was perplexed seeing as it was 90f that day, about mid way through the night I was shivering and pulled it on over. When I woke up, it was 45f. Stayed that way till evening then back to normal, this was in Rio Grande do Sul, the southern most state.

Also visited Urubici which is a common coffee growing area and the tourist spots had photos of snow all over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk