Author Topic: Mail order sources for cherimoya?  (Read 2368 times)

Andrew78

• View Profile
Mail order sources for cherimoya?
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
I am looking for nursery that sells grafted cherimoya trees. Years ago I bought 2 from Roger Meyer. I will email him today to see if he can still ship to me or not. I lost both trees from him about 2 or 3 years ago from sooty mold. Very upsetting as both were growing very nicely and my grafted 'Fino de Jete' had actually bloomed for the first time.

I also am interested in purchasing a 'Gefner' atemoya, as I have heard that they are very cherimoya like, and one of the best atemoya you can grow.

IF anyone has any suggestions on where I could order these trees, I would greatly appreciate it, also if anyone has any other suggestions for better cherimoya varieties, please let me know and also why you like that variety. Finding the 'Gefner' I know wont be difficult. If I decide to order a 'Pickering' mano from Plantogram, I may just buy the Gefner from there also.

Thanks,
Andrew

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
Re: Mail order sources for cherimoya?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
No one replied, I have Cherimoya seeds from current season (fiberless gritless Cherimoya) and very delicious that grows in Southern California. You can get the seedling going and graft later this year onto it if you cant find grafted matured trees. Let me know.