Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172882 times)

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile

100% germination with the P. Campo Ramon, most have sprouted and look beautiful. Also very good germination with the Hybrid Psidium and P. robustum.

Thanks Marcos!

Ataman

• I'm fruit lover. I try to grow every type of fruit
    • Hungary, Zone 6b
    • View Profile
These seedlings from Marcos, Argentina.
2 year old orange Cherry of the Rio Grande

2 year old Psidium robustum

2 year old Cedar Bay Cherry

1 year old Jaboticaba El Dorado gota. This one growing fast. Similar growth rate to red jaboticaba. Thanks Marcos!

2 year old uvaia

1 year old Jaboticaba INTA Misiones This one has similar growth rate and similar appearance to jaboticaba sabará.

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Very thanks Giant Gecko and Ataman, those plants look beautiful, I am very proud of you both

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
This is how an order from 4 months ago looks like when traveling for 4 months in a properly made package with wet vermiculite.

15 Campo ramon jaboticaba USD 45
10 Eldorado jaboticaba USD 32
10 Cerella negra usd 22

Usually they take 6 to 15 days by EMS, Fedex or DHL; this was a conventional airmail shipping that was rejected and came to me 4 months later. I re sent fresh seeds.

just.jim

• Thousand Oaks
    • View Profile
You have some great stuff, impressive.  I like to chase down things that are not supposed to grow in my area.  Interested in the orange-ish colored jaboticaba.  How long do you think they take to fruit from seed?  I've read anything from 3-8 years.  I am in southern California, zone 10 low humidity, very warm and long season.  If necessary, I can grow in a more humid climate controlled way.

Also, any chance you send some of the fruit, too? :)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
You have some great stuff, impressive.  I like to chase down things that are not supposed to grow in my area.  Interested in the orange-ish colored jaboticaba.  How long do you think they take to fruit from seed?  I've read anything from 3-8 years.  I am in southern California, zone 10 low humidity, very warm and long season.  If necessary, I can grow in a more humid climate controlled way.

Also, any chance you send some of the fruit, too? :)

Hi, I am glad you like our native wild species. You climate is very good for these fruit trees and, in fact, better than mine. Orange-ish jaboticaba, I dont have those...

Please see:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

Regards

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I cleaned many guavirá-johvy, a very very rare species, and big sete capotes and many jaboticabas! New guabijus are comming

shmojojojo

• Southern California, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Seeds arrived! Very fast shipping and well packaged. I appreciate the extras and replacements. Very fresh seeds. Plenty of them perfectly germinating. Thank you Marcos!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Seeds arrived! Very fast shipping and well packaged. I appreciate the extras and replacements. Very fresh seeds. Plenty of them perfectly germinating. Thank you Marcos!

Hi, wow, looking good, take care of them

10 Eugenia cisplatensis
10 Eugenia moraviana
5 Plinia rivularis
5 Plinia jaboticaba (Jaboticaba Lujan, var. S)
5 Campomanesia xanthocarpa (Orange Guabiroba, var. S)
5 Eugenia pyriformis (Uvaia, var. S)
5 Plinia jaboticaba (Jaboticaba Luján, var. S)

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Pm sent
Nate

• 10B Florida
    • View Profile
PM sent, too.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Cleaning many seeds now!

Any chance you can provide an updated list on what you have currently?  Nothing fancy, just a quick rundown in a standard post.  I know this post is too old for front page editing..
 Thanks.

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
By the way: a great study on Jua-açú

http://repositorio.unicamp.br/bitstream/REPOSIP/345540/1/Pereira_AnaPaulaAparecida_D.pdf

Great read! a handful of these appear to have made it through the storm in Houston and will be available in the states!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, a rare species from Helton fruited for the first time! very nice caramel taste https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

Helton wrote:

NOME INDIGENA: ARAÇÁ DE FOLHA FIRME - ou araçá do campo. Psidium firmum

Origin: This is a native species of two closed fields in central Brazil, reaching out to the state of São Paulo, Brazil.

More information no link: http://servicos.jbrj.gov.br/flora/search/Psidium_firmum

OBSERVAÇÕES: A rare species that was uncovered in our expeditions in 2014, but only now I have been able to correctly identify and publish information about the same.

PAGE EM CONSTRUÇÂO

Characteristics: shrub with glabrous leaves (without hairs) and stiff, producing large flowers.

A plant can be cultivated in the same way as Araçá catuba (Psidium grandifolium).

Dicas for cultivation: It can be planted alone without drainage. It is resistant to dry and low temperatures

Mutes:

Planting:

Growing: It can be grown in large glasses.

Uses: Fruits us months from November to December. The fruits can be consumed in nature, and also servem to make sucos and sorvetes. A plant has great potential for cultivation in vases and gardens.

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
Do you have any information on the Garcinia Pacuri?  I have been reading the information on this forum about it.  No one seems to know what it is?  It looks like Brasiliensis to me.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Do you have any information on the Garcinia Pacuri?  I have been reading the information on this forum about it.  No one seems to know what it is?  It looks like Brasiliensis to me.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

Hi, yes, I grow many plants of that species, growing slowly; similar to Achachairu, less pulp, good taste; it grows near the rivers at Misiones... locals use to fish with their pulp... the fish is called "pacu"

I have many fresh fruits/seeds now!

Regards