Author Topic: Nice Jack fruit very showy  (Read 2351 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Nice Jack fruit very showy
« on: December 02, 2020, 06:11:03 PM »
In the 21:15 you can see the Nice Deep Orange (Red?) látex free jack fruit I wonder how this will compare with Tony Morris red that I'm looking for seeds, great video to watch
https://youtu.be/8w-ydI89rVg
El verde es vida!

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Jack fruit very showy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 08:51:36 PM »
Let's get some of those seeds Raul! That Jak looks like the one.

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
Great video Raul.
Michael

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 01:50:19 AM »
If that isn't an amber I will eat my hat.

Triphal

• US, Midatlantic, Charles Town, 6b + Lowland Tropical Zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »
As
If that isn't an amber I will eat my hat.
As Mike T says, there are no known 'red' jackfruits. Period.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 07:11:57 PM »
A pigment of someone's imagination

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »
A pigment of someone's imagination
totally agree I have only seen Deep ORANGE ones truly different from red
El verde es vida!

Vrindavanath

• Guadalajara, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 10:47:08 PM »
In the 21:15 you can see the Nice Deep Orange (Red?) látex free jack fruit I wonder how this will compare with Tony Morris red that I'm looking for seeds, great video to watch

That's nothig compared to this one, sorry that it's not in English but just Watch!! :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMBLuU31Ynw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZj59QDpJiA&t

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 01:09:00 AM »
Closer to red but no cigar still. While orange are usually better some of the best are still yellow like J33, J31,J36 and a few others. I wonder if India has quality lines that haven't been circulated yet unlike Malaysia which most people think has the best.

Stevo

• Australia Far North Queensland Cairns 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 06:04:58 AM »
Closer to red but no cigar still. While orange are usually better some of the best are still yellow like J33, J31,J36 and a few others. I wonder if India has quality lines that haven't been circulated yet unlike Malaysia which most people think has the best.
India has hundreds of varieties .There must be some good ones amongst them

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »
I agree with Mike, while the orange/ red varieties look awesome I have found My fav tasting varieties are yellow. Cempedak , hard to say because both orange and yellow fleshed have different tastes, both incredible

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »
There is also a white fleshed jackfruit, red is possible I suppose. Durians can get an array of colors.

Joe

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 10:32:15 PM »
Today I sampled some Timor Red x Chempadak with deep orange flesh and it is very good. Should have taken pix. Also got some cheena which is also a chempajak so will report on how they shape up.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 12:11:11 AM »

A few fruit picked up this morning with the 2 cheenas at the bottom and 2 timor red x chempa above them and they look like any other jacks on the outside. I am sure the fruit behind are pretty straight forward for people to ID.

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 09:40:06 AM »

A few fruit picked up this morning with the 2 cheenas at the bottom and 2 timor red x chempa above them and they look like any other jacks on the outside. I am sure the fruit behind are pretty straight forward for people to ID.
champejack as been an hibrid depends of the quality of both varieties used,I got seeds from Hang Sen from Nangsem Malaysia registered clone and my seedling gave fruits similar isn't what I Saw in the pics unfortunately they first two split because of heavy rains but I was able to try one of them who was able to semiripe and had a good positive evaluation, the tree is flowering again now,as far as the fruits behind I wanna say hog plum, couple of Caimitos and Mafai?😉
El verde es vida!

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 09:49:04 AM »

That's nothig compared to this one, sorry that it's not in English but just Watch!! :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMBLuU31Ynw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZj59QDpJiA&t
well as far as the color I will say yes is a little more deeper , however doesn't seem to develop many rags as seen in the video
El verde es vida!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2020, 02:21:28 PM »
The timor red x chempedak looked a bit like that Indian one inside. Raul the hog plums are actually juicy peal starapple, the mafai are really wampi, yes there are caimito and the red and orange ones are garcinia forbesii and garcinia livingstonei. There are some yellow tampoi underneath you cant see and they are like big mafai.

Triphal

• US, Midatlantic, Charles Town, 6b + Lowland Tropical Zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »
India has hundreds of varieties .There must be some good ones amongst them
Due to Covid-19 I was unable to visit ICAR Horticulture center in Karnataka, India this year. They have released two varieties as 'RED'. I commented on this before as they have 'RED' varieties of Jackfruits in India. After viewing Mike T's comment I requested the head of ICAR who sent me few photographs taken by a professional photographer WITHOUT using any filters. I replied that they look deep orange to me. They were from seedlings of Malaysian / Singapore 'RED' variety.
But looking at the 1st video link from member 'Vrindavanath' on Dec 3, I am going to discuss with the ICAR Jackfruit Research Scientist Doctor my doubt about the 'reddish' color in those jackfruits!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 02:22:31 AM »
For those people wondering what is better, an excellent crispy orange jackfruit like amber which is one of the finest or perhaps the most celebrated jackfruit x chempedak hybrid in cheena, I attempted to answer this question.

Six highly educated sober and coherent adults (all female) sampled flesh extracted and asked to nominate which one they prefer and they each chose one. The score was 3 each so I still don't know which one is better but they are very different and participants commented that both were the best jack they have tried.

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 09:04:34 AM »
For those people wondering what is better, an excellent crispy orange jackfruit like amber which is one of the finest or perhaps the most celebrated jackfruit x chempedak hybrid in cheena, I attempted to answer this question.

Six highly educated sober and coherent adults (all female) sampled flesh extracted and asked to nominate which one they prefer and they each chose one. The score was 3 each so I still don't know which one is better but they are very different and participants commented that both were the best jack they have tried.
very interesting match but let us still intrigued which is better! If Amber is on the right I would say the color is amazing, the hibrid didn't get much of the orange/Red Timor jack, anyway will be More qualified the opinion of a expert with a refined palate just like you! What do you think Mike? which one is better 😻
El verde es vida!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 02:53:43 PM »
Raul the amber is the orange fleshed one on the left and cheena is the yellow. The Timor red x chempa is not featured and perhaps didn't meet the dizzy quality heights of these two but is good and orange fleshed. Two other people tried these and both preferred the amber and I preferred amber as well.
I am not qualified more than others to say what taste best as it is a subjective thing but the cheena is soft fleshed. Crisper jacks seem to have a more appealing texture and they store better and last a bit longer in the fridge.