Author Topic: Going Big but not at home  (Read 2748 times)

WilliamTheYoungGrower

• SE Honduras /Zone 13
    • View Profile
Re: Going Big but not at home
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 11:25:57 PM »
Anyone who has grown kepel has any experience if they like full sun eventually? Im growing a small seedling and havent found much info online besides old threads in the forum.

Thankya, William

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 02:44:25 AM »
The Australian experience is different from that related by Oscar in Hawaii. I found them to be fast growing and vigorous whereas Oscar advised he found them slow to grow and begin fruiting. They prefer full sun once over about 1m to 1.25m. They are cone shaped tall and have brightly coloured new growth.

WilliamTheYoungGrower

• SE Honduras /Zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2021, 01:17:02 PM »
The Australian experience is different from that related by Oscar in Hawaii. I found them to be fast growing and vigorous whereas Oscar advised he found them slow to grow and begin fruiting. They prefer full sun once over about 1m to 1.25m. They are cone shaped tall and have brightly coloured new growth.

Thanks mike! Mine is a small seedling only has 4 leaves, slow but nicely. Did you ever had problems with the wind when your kepel was in ground? Also ive heard they love water

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2021, 06:50:10 PM »
Wow, as always Mike beautiful pic's I've only seen such big fruiting trees in the Islands of Caribbean or Hawaii it's really amazing how big some of those trees get. Want kind of soil is in that area in Australia at that Park do you know? Thanks for posting ;)   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk