Author Topic: Citrus Fruit Disease  (Read 1010 times)

Amaga Citrus

• Philippines
    • View Profile
Citrus Fruit Disease
« on: June 09, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »

Can you please help me to identify and find a cure for this disease as it is widespread on my farm.

Kasey01

• Berhamp
    • View Profile
    • Hajiop
Re: Citrus Fruit Disease
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 02:22:46 AM »

chatiw   carbonite
Can you please help me to identify and find a cure for this disease as it is widespread on my farm.

This disease has affected my farm too. I didn't see such a thing in my life. Please help.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 06:33:03 AM by Kasey01 »

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:43:20 AM »
Looks a lot like Melanose. Is this condition on other fruits in area? If so it is a fungus disease. It can be treated by applying a good fungicide (I recommed Copper applied at temps around 75 degrees. Melanose needs dead wood/twigs to complete its cycle. Keep it removed and dispose of it by burning. It appears that whatever you have it is pretty advanced. Have you checked for mites? Sometimes mites will do damage such as you have. Look closely and see if this could be a factor.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:11:11 AM by Bomand »

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 10:45:06 AM »
Citrus rust mites.  It is rather easy to kill with a horticultural oil, but the discoloration will remain.  There is a lot of information on the Internet and with pictures.  The damage is only on the external of the peel, fruit is still good to eat.

https://www.pestnet.org/fact_sheets/citrus_rust_mite_344.htm
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:55:23 AM by Millet »