Author Topic: Carrie Mango grown in So.Cal  (Read 3138 times)

Ant21

• Carson, Ca.90745 10b
    • View Profile
Carrie Mango grown in So.Cal
« on: July 27, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
Anybody growing Carrie Mango in So.Cali and having a second set of fruits?...FYI my Carrie Mango has been on the ground since 2009. Last year it had about 8 fruit set and this year it has 6 fruits set about half the size of a coke can and now it is setting fruits again and having growth flush at the same time.
Here is a few pics...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:45:45 PM by Ant21 »

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
Re: Carrie Mango grown in So.Cal
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »
Wow Ant - that's amazing - haven't seen many mangoes that have nice sized fruit AND
are sending out flowers AND flushing as well.....keep us posted......really interested
how it all works out...

MFang

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Looks great!  Multi harvests in one season.  What more could you ask for?

Bill

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
Hey ant21, I have a Nam Doc Mai that flowered heavily about 2 weeks ago.  My NDM is very small, only about the size of your Carrie.  It has several very small mangoes on it right now but I will pluck them all off when they are the size of a marble.  How was the flavor and sweetness on your Carrie?
Simon

Ant21

• Carson, Ca.90745 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »
Hey ant21, I have a Nam Doc Mai that flowered heavily about 2 weeks ago.  My NDM is very small, only about the size of your Carrie.  It has several very small mangoes on it right now but I will pluck them all off when they are the size of a marble.  How was the flavor and sweetness on your Carrie?
Simon

The carrie from last year was very good, taste better than store bought ataulfo. Only negative thing about carrie is it's
stay green when ripe. But carrie is very good and grows well in So.Cali..

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
Carrie is a very average tasting mango. I has 5 on my tree last year. The problem was that my little tree paid for it. The tree grows very slow so I'm going to shut it down for two years so it can hold a decent crop without suffering. Here is a pic of my tree recovering from last year's thrashing.

KarenRei

• Arctic Member
    • Reykjavík, Iceland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
So nice to see.  :)  I have a Carrie that's just starting to do its second growth flush since I moved to Iceland (!!!  :)  !!!).  It's probably roughly about the size of yours and I'm pretty sure it'll be bigger than yours after the growth flush.  Think I should try to force it to flower, or try to grow it up more?  Since it's indoors, I have full control over its life cycle.

Já, ég er að rækta suðrænar plöntur á Íslandi. Nei, ég er ekki klikkuð. Jæja, kannski...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk