Author Topic: Can someone please tell me what to look for to tell when to pick my Rosigold. Th  (Read 983 times)

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
Can someone please tell me what to look for to tell when to pick my Rosigold. Thanks

561MangoFanatic

• Loxahatchee, FL
    • View Profile
Not familiar with growing a mature tree of RosiGold but fullness of fruit at the bottom and yellowing of the skin should be automatic signs of best time to pick..
Sergio

Brev Grower

• Will trade mango scions
    • USA , Florida, Brevard county
    • View Profile
For best flavor in my opinion, wait until green area on mango turns yellow(most sweetness). You can also pick as soon as it "breaks color" or just begins to change from area of green to yellow. It will ripen correctly 100% of the time. Picking when full and green, you are taking a chance that it may not ripen normally.

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Rosigold and Glenn are two of the easiest mangoes to 'get right.' They both turn yellow/orange in a way that is immediately visible to the eye (and in the case of Glenn, the nose too). Yes you can pick earlier, but it is their distinctive look/smell when they are ready that I admire most about them.

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
Thank you for that great answer. You have given me the knowledge and confidence needed to make the informed decision I needed.

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Thank you for that great answer. You have given me the knowledge and confidence needed to make the informed decision I needed.

Here's a decent image of a sampling of Rosigold, Glenn, Angie, and Coconut Cream that we (at the time - this is from 2018 or 2019) picked so you can glance at the hues/colors.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk