Author Topic: fresh seeds of diospyros intricata and diospyros californica from baja mexico  (Read 3220 times)

Brian laufer

• USA. California. Oceanside. Zone 10
    • View Profile
two wild persimmon species harvested this week from the deserts and mountains of baja mexico

still have plenty
 diospyros intricata (desert honey persimmon) very sweet and syrupy fruits. suprisingly juicy and sugary like honey or caramel. fruits 3/4 of an inch wide. very drought tolerant. diecious shrubs fruit at 2 feet. prefers sandy soil. and hot sun. zone 9b.   2$ per seed or 10 for 15$

out of stock right now. maybe more soon
. diospyros californica. mountain growing sweet rich chocolate flavor. cold hardy and drought tolerant black sapote species.  most likely diecious. fruit is up to 2 inches wide. trees to 25 feet. zone 8b-9a. maybe colder.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:34:21 PM by Brian laufer »

Birricannia

• Australia
    • View Profile
Hi Brian, I would like to buy 10 of the intricata seeds if you can post to Australia. Cheers John peacewood@bigpond.com might be easiest to email me direct if that’s OK.

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
PM sent.
Thera

mfysal

• Doha Qatar
    • View Profile
Hi Brian

I have placed order for these seeds. It is going to be 2 months, no seeds received. I requested you to provide Tracking number, but not shared. I presume you might have forgot send seeds. If you have seeds remaining, please send again or refund.

Best
Fysal

Hi Brian, I would like to buy 10 of the intricata seeds if you can post to Australia. Cheers John peacewood@bigpond.com might be easiest to email me direct if that’s OK.

Draak

• East Bay Area California, zone 9a/b
    • View Profile
How tall do these plants grow? The information I have says that the D. intricata grows only a few feet; is that right?

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Were you able to harvest any Diospyros intricata seeds this year? I assume with COVID-19, you were not able to make a trip to Baja, but it never hurts to ask. They are not the easiest seeds to buy; not many people have them.

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
Interested on both these especially the second for colder hardiness. The flavor of the first does sound awesome though too! PM me if anyone has these available.
Trying to grow it all!

Brian laufer

• USA. California. Oceanside. Zone 10
    • View Profile
I might be going to baja soon

turpentyne

• 9b - 10a
    • View Profile
ah! Somehow this post slipped past me! I would be interested in seeds for sure - for both.  I can hold off to get fresh seeds for both if you're heading down there. Are there any other seeds you'll look for?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk