Author Topic: I research your experience with Keiki paste hormone?  (Read 2031 times)

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
I research your experience with Keiki paste hormone?
« on: December 31, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »
Hi everyone,
I research, information about the keiki paste, widely used in the laboratory for plant (orchid) propagation .
If anyone have used this paste on other plants, scions fruit tree and tropical tree , what is the summers results of this paste on plants ?
Another experiment with pasta with hormones is welcome too.
So what do you think?
Anaxel.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: I research your experience with Keiki paste hormone?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »
I grew orchids, it works great on phalaenopsis.  I applied it to a node on a flower spike (stalk, stem) and within a couple of weeks a baby would pop.   When it had good roots I would cut if off and pot it up.  I see no reason why you can't apply it to other plant material.  If I were you I'd apply a dab to the nodes of young and mature stems until you get results.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:59:17 AM by Mark in Texas »

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
Hi all,
Thank you Mark in texas, for this is information.
 I will try to put a little keiki paste on a node to see if the result of this paste is achievable on my orchid .
If someone else experience with growth hormone, do not hesitate , I take new information.
Thank you.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
Hi everyone,
I research, information about the keiki paste, widely used in the laboratory for plant (orchid) propagation .
If anyone have used this paste on other plants, scions fruit tree and tropical tree , what is the summers results of this paste on plants ?
Another experiment with pasta with hormones is welcome too.
So what do you think?
Anaxel.

My Vandals sprout new head with the paste, i spread over entire nodes and see where it pop up a pup, not always successful but summer seem go be successful than winter here in south florida.  My Vandal is grown straping under sugar apple.  Full sun the vandals suffer! 😄
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »
Let us know how you make out with this.  I would be skeptical that you will get plantlets with roots forming (I am guessing that is your intent).  Some orchids are well known for forming keikis (without keiki paste) -- phals from their spikes, dendrobs from the stems, vandaceous for basal keikis, etc -- outside of some clustering palms, I am not thinking of any trees prone to doing this.  My guess is that you will cause the dormant buds to form branches not plantlets but let us know.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk