Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Where to get pouteria viridis

(1/9) > >>

Tropical Bay Area:
Does anyone know where to get pouteria viridis seeds or small plants? I’ve seen miamifruit but unfortunately they don’t ship them to California, and I’ve seen trees for a lot of money that is out of my price range, seen fruit lovers but the seeds minimum amount plus shipping is too much :/

K-Rimes:

--- Quote from: Tropical Bay Area on February 22, 2021, 04:47:09 PM ---Does anyone know where to get pouteria viridis seeds or small plants? I’ve seen miamifruit but unfortunately they don’t ship them to California, and I’ve seen trees for a lot of money that is out of my price range, seen fruit lovers but the seeds minimum amount plus shipping is too much :/

--- End quote ---

I've seen green sapote seeds on http://www.fruitlovers.com/indexen.html occasionally.

I bought one off eBay, the Red Faisan. They were being sold for $60 last year free delivery but now are $150 iirc

Epicatt2:
Polynesian Produce Stand in Hawai'i had 'em.

I ordered several from him last October.

OK — HTH

Paul M.
==

Julie:
I will keep a look out for this fruit for sale in my area. How does the fruit taste compared to mamey? Personally mamey is ok, maybe I haven’t tasted the right variety, but it’s not good enough for me to have a tree in my yard

Epicatt2:
Hi Julie,

Just FWIW, I got P. viridis because it is supposed to be more cold tolerant than other Pouteria species, in particular P. caimito, the Abiu and P. campechiana, the canistel.

This winter in Tampa I lost several abiu seedlings at 41ºF. while my several green sapote seedings came through unaffected.  (My canistel was fine, too, BTW.)

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version