Author Topic: Growing Isan Indigo and Isan × Gefner cross advice welcome.  (Read 1168 times)

Thematt829

• Metairie
    • View Profile
Growing Isan Indigo and Isan × Gefner cross advice welcome.
« on: December 13, 2020, 07:12:42 PM »
As the title states im starting isan indigo sugarapple and isan indigo x gefner cross. I got some great advice on how to speed up germination turned 30 days into 7 days. Looking for more of that advice. Thanks in advanced. See pics.

dross99_si

• SE Florida zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Isan Indigo and Isan × Gefner cross advice welcome.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 10:17:18 PM »
Looking good. Would you mind sharing your germination tips & tricks?

Thematt829

• Metairie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 07:58:01 AM »
Best one i got was to snip the tip where the root comes out. Then bag them with wet paper towels.

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 11:03:03 PM »
Hey,

Pictured is how I germinate hundreds of Annona seeds for my breeding program, each dome has 6x12 =72 seedling capability.

Search humidity dome greenhouse or some permutation of those words on Amazon and these pictured will pop up. Soak seeds in hydrogen peroxide for 24 hrs. Fill the trays with miracle grow potting soil, then lay seeds on top, then cover with a thin layer of more soil, don’t compact the soil. Water soil with mist setting on hose to wet the soil, (mist setting because larger droplets will totally disturb the soil and you gotta start over rearranging the tiny trays). Cover with the lid and wait three weeks you should see some action. It is really that easy, best of luck.

Joe

Thematt829

• Metairie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »
Hey,

Pictured is how I germinate hundreds of Annona seeds for my breeding program, each dome has 6x12 =72 seedling capability.

Search humidity dome greenhouse or some permutation of those words on Amazon and these pictured will pop up. Soak seeds in hydrogen peroxide for 24 hrs. Fill the trays with miracle grow potting soil, then lay seeds on top, then cover with a thin layer of more soil, don’t compact the soil. Water soil with mist setting on hose to wet the soil, (mist setting because larger droplets will totally disturb the soil and you gotta start over rearranging the tiny trays). Cover with the lid and wait three weeks you should see some action. It is really that easy, best of luck.

Joe

I have similar tall humidity domes. I had concerns that my dry growing room was causing issues to my SA. I will def put the domes back on. Thank you very much for you time and advice.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 11:55:04 AM »
This year I started seriously growing Sugar Apples and there relatives.
Some seeds I bought just plain germinated better than others using the same sprouting technique....
Wrapped in wet paper towels, put into a zip lock plastic bag and placed in a warm area of my house.
So far the best germinating seeds have come from our own cricket expert and forum member achetadomestica.
99% germination!

Kevin Jones

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 11:57:09 AM by Kevin Jones »

Thematt829

• Metairie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 01:48:19 PM »
This year I started seriously growing Sugar Apples and there relatives.
Some seeds I bought just plain germinated better than others using the same sprouting technique....
Wrapped in wet paper towels, put into a zip lock plastic bag and placed in a warm area of my house.
So far the best germinating seeds have come from our own cricket expert and forum member achetadomestica.
99% germination!

Kevin Jones

I had similar success with his seeds as well not 99% but thats probbly on me. Mine sprout get the first sets of leaves and kinda just stall i assume that temperature and humidity issues im having.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk