Author Topic: SOLD OUT Rare Cacao, Herrania, Garcinia, Langsat Plants For Sale  (Read 4422 times)

TomekK

• In search of Theobromas
    • Vienna, Virginia Zone 7a
    • View Profile

SOLD OUT OF ALL PLANTS

All profits go towards a grow tent or greenhouse purchase/build

New year, new plants. And, again, too many of them! Selling rare varieties of cacao, as well as some Garcinias and Herrania Mariae.

To order: PM or send email to Tomasz.kleczek@icloud.com if interested or have any questions. With PMs not working the best lately, please reply to this post so I can make sure I get your PM. Payment is through PayPal.

Shipping: packages shipped with USPS priority mail. Flat rate $15 shipping no matter the order size. Can ship express or other carriers upon request, but buyer pays extra shipping cost.

Plant list (detailed descriptions/photos below):

Cacao varieties:
Small Seedlings:
* Nacional: $15 each Sold out
* Soconusco: $15 each
* Pentagona: $20 each Sold out
* Criollo X: $20 each
* Claiborne Criollo: $20 each Sold out now, might have more later in the summer stupid caterpillars girdled my best plants…
* Round Leaf Jaca: $20 each Sold out

* Cacao seedling variety package: 1 of each variety (2 plants), $25 plus shipping (save $10)

Larger plants (over 1 year old):
* Pentagona: $30 each Sold out for now, still have some worse-looking plants which might be available later this summer if they grow better.
* Nacional (about 1.5 feet tall, 1 gallon pots): $30 each Sold out

Other theobromas/herranias:
* Herrania Mariae (1 year old plants, grow slowly when young): $15 each

Garcinias:
* G. Intermedia (Lemon Drop Mangosteen): $10 each
* G. Brasiliensis (Superior Lemon Drop): $10 each

Other plants:
* Langsat: $15 each

Discounts:
* $25 off 10 plants or more. Cacao seedling variety pack counts as one plant in this case.
*$5 off any 2 plants
*Criollo X cacao: 1 plant $28 with free shipping
*Garcinia pack (1 of each garcinia, 2 plants total): $30 with free shipping

Plant descriptions and photos:

Criollo X: New variety! A “true” criollo variety with white seeds. Pure white beans make a more subtle, delicate, and smoother chocolate. This new variety is from an unknown seedling in Puerto Rico. This is the first year the tree has fruited. Pod is yellow and medium sized, and a bit fatter than the Soconusco. Seeds as stated are pure white, and medium-sized.

Claiborne Criollo: An old, heirloom Puerto Rican Criollo variety. Large striking red-to-yellow pod with a unique shape. Seeds are large, pure white to mottled purple in color. Limited stock due to few seeds germinating well.

Nacional: This is an heirloom Nacional variety from Ecuador, EET-59. Nacional is the original and genetically pure Ecuadorian cacao. While this is not 100% Nacional, it is an “heirloom,” the closest variety to pure Nacional. This is what high quality “Nacional” cacao from the arriba region is made of. Nice big yellow pods, large dark purple seeds inside. Have both larger plants in 6 inch pots and small seedlings.

Pentagona: A spectacular cacao from Venezuela. Incredibly rare, this variety produces small yellow-green pods. The shape is very unique, as it has 5 ridges instead of grooves along the fruit. Because of this, the cross section is pentagon-shaped, hence the name. Seeds are small-sized, lighter purple to pink. Extremely hard to find. Have both 1 year old plants (not as big as 1 year old Nacional-this variety grows slower in the beginning, but should increase growth soon), as well as small seedlings.

Soconusco: Famous heirloom Mexican variety from the region of the same name. One of the best regions/varieties from Aztec cultivation. Medium and somewhat thin yellow pods, both dark purple and light purple small-sized seeds in each pod.

Round Leaf Jaca: A cacao with round leaves! Small seedling leaves somewhere in between round and pointed, but the true leaves are totally round. Variety is a mutation of a high quality amenolado variety, with potential for disease resistance. Plant easily branches and should be easy to maintain as a shrub rather than a tree. Small yellow amenolado pods, small dark purple seeds. Looks like a miniature Nacional, and should taste similar (stronger flavor notes instead of the more subtle flavor of Criollo varieties-still high quality, just different).

Herrania Mariae: rare species closely related to the theobromas, except that mature leaves are compound, and H. Mariae tends to remain a smaller, less branched plant. These also took several weeks to sprout and grow relatively slowly, when compared to the instant germination and fast growth of cacao. Even being almost a year old most are under 4 inches tall-better plants than cacao for keeping in small spaces, as they remain smaller even when mature (and flower at smaller sizes, though at about the same age). Pods are green when ripe with ridges and slight webbing between the ridges.

Garcinia Intermedia: Lemon Drop Mangosteen. Relative of the Mangosteen, this species produces small spherical yellow fruit which, peeled, reveals a white juicy, cottony aril around one, two, or three seeds. Flavor is pleasantly sour-sweet, and distinctive (aka hard to describe, so I won’t even try-but its delicious!). Plants grow very slowly at first-mine are almost a year old-but should pick up pace as they get older.

Garcinia Brasiliensis: Superior Lemond Drop Mangosteen. Fruits are smaller and pointier than LDM, but much sweeter and a stronger flavor, with almost no acid. In my opinion definitely superior to LDM.

Langsat: Common Langsat from Borneo, not any special variety but from good fruit.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any plants killed when buyer’s fault-leaving package out for extended period, shipping when temperatures too cold/hot (though I will try to make sure weather is good before shipping), etc. If a plant dies from shipping, I will replace the plant if possible (buyer pays shipping), or refund the purchase.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 04:59:56 PM by TomekK »

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Rare Cacao, Herrania, Garcinia, Langsat Plants For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »
PM'd!

TomekK

• View Profile

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 05:26:08 PM »
Sent replies to everyone who PMd me, let me know if you didn’t get the response.

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 04:39:15 PM »
Sent packages to everyone who ordered over the weekend, hope they arrive quickly!

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 12:00:07 PM »
Still many plants available!

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »
Got a variety pack and added a few extras to the order. Plants were very nice size and in great health! Packed extremely well. Will definitely order more in the future! Thank you!

TropicalDoc

• Papa’aloa HI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »
I ordered the cacao variety package and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition.  Nice looking seedlings!  Thank you TomekK!

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 03:56:50 PM »
Got a variety pack and added a few extras to the order. Plants were very nice size and in great health! Packed extremely well. Will definitely order more in the future! Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like them!

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 03:57:42 PM »
I ordered the cacao variety package and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition.  Nice looking seedlings!  Thank you TomekK!

Thanks for the review! Happy that the plants made it on time, seems USPS picked up their game since last year.

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 09:11:03 PM »
Claiborne criollo out of stock. Updated cacao variety pack, added larger cacao pack with bigger discount.

Mossmama5188

• Saskatoon
    • View Profile
    • Mossmama
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 11:35:44 PM »
I would love to order some plants. I dont know if u can ship to Canada. If not can I buy some seeds.

Thanks Rina

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2021, 09:22:10 AM »
I would love to order some plants. I dont know if u can ship to Canada. If not can I buy some seeds.

Thanks Rina
Pm sent.

vstolbi

• East Coast US borderline 7b/8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2021, 01:33:08 PM »
Got the plants!! Thank you so much, Tomek!!!

To anyone looking to buy from Tomek, I cannot recommend him enough. He is a top tier quality seller of amazing plants. :)

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 11:15:47 AM »
Got the plants!! Thank you so much, Tomek!!!

To anyone looking to buy from Tomek, I cannot recommend him enough. He is a top tier quality seller of amazing plants. :)

Thank you very much!

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 11:16:02 AM »
Still many plants available!

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
Added a few discounts:
$5 off any two plants, $25 off 10 plants or more, and 1 plant of Criollo X for $28 with free shipping. Also, 1 of each Garcinia (Lemon Drop Mangosteen and Superior Lemon Drop Mangosteen) for $35 with free shipping.

Many plants still available, especially Criollo X and Garcinias!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 08:38:55 AM by TomekK »

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 09:16:56 AM »
Discounted 5-cacao variety pack to $75. Also, sent replies to everyone who sent me a PM, let me know in this post if you did not receive a reply.

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »
Independence Day sale: Any 2 cacao plants for $35 with free shipping!

BloomAndBurn

• Texas Zone 8b
    • View Profile
    • Bloom&Burn
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 11:20:28 PM »
Hi…interested in your 4th sale. What cacao exactly are included in the sale? Specifically are the herrania included?

Thanks

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 11:43:07 PM »
Hi…interested in your 4th sale. What cacao exactly are included in the sale? Specifically are the herrania included?

Thanks
Hi! Do you mean the 2 cacao plants for $35 with shipping included sale? That includes all the small seedling cacao varieties: Criollo X, Nacional, Pentagona, Soconusco, and Round Leaf Jaca. The herranias are not included, but I could make 1 of the 2 plants a Herrania for $5 extra, or both for $10 extra.

BloomAndBurn

• Texas Zone 8b
    • View Profile
    • Bloom&Burn
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 01:40:58 AM »
Then I would like the Criollo X and the Soconusco. That’s a bit too slow growing for me. Let me know how to pay. Thanks!

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
Then I would like the Criollo X and the Soconusco. That’s a bit too slow growing for me. Let me know how to pay. Thanks!
PM sent.

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2021, 10:16:41 AM »
Pentagona sold out, updated variety pack to contain the 4 varieties left.

TomekK

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2021, 11:06:04 AM »
Also, Herrania Mariae plants are now $15 each.