Author Topic: Gros Michel Banana plant for sale. SOLD  (Read 472 times)

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Gros Michel Banana plant for sale. SOLD
« on: June 20, 2021, 10:43:28 PM »
Healthy Gros Michel Banana plant for sale in 5 gallon. $35 local pick up. Wintered over this year and is fully rooted and ready to plant. It also has two other shoots starting to come up for a perfect grouping of 3 banana plants. Shoot me a PM if interested. PayPal or cash accepted. Thanks

« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 10:23:10 AM by FV Fruit Freak »
Nate

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
I've always wondered about this, is Gros Michel significantly different taste than Cavendish?  I've tried maybe 8 different kinds of bananas and they all had similar flavor... the difference was mostly in the texture and density.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
I will have a full taste report in a couple months for you. Our first fruit set from this tree was in the fall,ughh, and the fruit started ripening (turning yellow) at the end of winter (January) so conditions were not optimal. The fruit was still good but I know it will be better if fruit set is in early summer/spring. I would recommend trying to time it so your trees don’t set fruit in fall, and winter over. The fruit will not be as good as if it were to set/ripen over summer. One of my trees is around 20ft right now and the weather is warming so it should flower soon.
Nate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk