Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Myrciaria Dubia, Camu Camu

<< < (3/3)

greg794855:

--- Quote from: K-Rimes on May 13, 2021, 12:27:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: greg794855 on May 12, 2021, 07:15:33 PM ---The small ones are actually from the big ones nearly 1 year ago. So technically according to our research they could fruit within a year or so. The big ones are of fruiting age already and are our crop supporters. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

--- Quote from: K-Rimes on May 12, 2021, 05:53:22 PM ---I have been thinking about buying one from you. How old are the big ones vs small ones? How long till small ones fruit?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

So they are air layered?

--- End quote ---

Just cuttings. We have a bunch. We are in the process of expanding exponentially.

socalbalcony:

--- Quote from: rdm on May 13, 2021, 12:04:56 AM ---is there something super special about their care one would need to keep it happy? while i want a camu camu it would be more of a novelty companion plant for my acerola and guava im planning to forest in the back yard, im collecting vitamin c plants, so im still flip flopping on if i want to get a grown plant or invest in a bunch of seeds and hope some succeed, but im afraid to invest in what i can tell so far is an already difficult plant to keep and immediately lose it because i totally miss understood its needs.

my understanding is mostly keeping the soil moist. i was just gonna use some standard high peat potting soil in a fabric pot sitting in a water tray that's kept filled.

--- End quote ---

on camucamu farms website it states this:

"Care: DO NOT USE CHLORINATED OR TREATED WATER. Place in areas that stay wet all year."

rdm:

--- Quote from: greg794855 on May 13, 2021, 08:54:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: rdm on May 13, 2021, 12:04:56 AM ---is there something super special about their care one would need to keep it happy? while i want a camu camu it would be more of a novelty companion plant for my acerola and guava im planning to forest in the back  yard, im collecting vitamin c plants, so im still flip flopping on if i want to get a grown plant or invest in a bunch of seeds and hope some succeed, but im afraid to invest in what i can tell so far is an already difficult plant to keep and immediately lose it because i totally miss understood its needs.

my understanding is mostly keeping the soil moist. i was just gonna use some standard high peat potting soil in a fabric pot sitting in a water tray that's kept filled.

--- End quote ---

I answer some of that here: https://tropicalfruitforum.com/Themes/default/images/topic/my_normal_post.gif

Instead of peat I use pine bark to give it some filtration.

--- End quote ---

is anyone else able to click this? it just takes me to a blank screen.

greg794855:

--- Quote from: rdm on May 13, 2021, 10:43:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: greg794855 on May 13, 2021, 08:54:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: rdm on May 13, 2021, 12:04:56 AM ---is there something super special about their care one would need to keep it happy? while i want a camu camu it would be more of a novelty companion plant for my acerola and guava im planning to forest in the back  yard, im collecting vitamin c plants, so im still flip flopping on if i want to get a grown plant or invest in a bunch of seeds and hope some succeed, but im afraid to invest in what i can tell so far is an already difficult plant to keep and immediately lose it because i totally miss understood its needs.

--- End quote ---

I answer some of that here: https://tropicalfruitforum.com/Themes/default/images/topic/my_normal_post.gif

Instead of peat I use pine bark to give it some filtration.

--- End quote ---

is anyone else able to click this? it just takes me to a blank screen.

--- End quote ---

Yeah sorry about that. Tried to copy the link and it was a fail lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version